+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cobra Exhaust

VXR newbie

Default Cobra Exhaust

Folks

Just ordered a Cobra cat back exhaust that im fitting this weekend.

Just wanted to know if there are any special tools i will need(got spanners,hex keys etc) will the lambda sensor need removing or is that before the cat? Does this need a special socket to remove too?
    Going to jack her up tomorow and spray all fixings with wd40 so it has time to soak and loosen everything up.

Cheers

If it’s just a cat back the lambda won’t need to be touched as that is in your cat it’s not a bad job just depends how long your stock exhaust has been fitted it might be a bit stubborn when you come to remove no special tools will be needed just a socket set just make sure you are on axle stands as the exhaust will take some wiggling to get it to come off
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

VXR enough

If your original backbox is rusty/ad it i'd be tempted to cut the pipe just before/after the axle - will save a lot of swearing trying to wiggle the unit out in one piece over the axle.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

I’ve not long fitted a scorpion cat back, the back box was a pain to get off as it loops over so it needs to be angled, as for the pipe after that mine was stuck on horribly, I was pulling for about two hours with a mate the relief when it came off was unreal, we then got the exhaust on went to start it and my battery had died so hopefully yours goes better than mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astras have the same problem. Acetylene torch and 2 people to twist it opposite directions to break it free.

VXR newbie

Just and update fellas, exhaust went on relatively easy and old one is good enough to sell on
    Took me and a mate about 3 hours (not bad for our first time and using axle stands) ��

+ Reply to Thread