+ Reply to Thread
    VXR enough

Question anyone actually carried out a haldex service ??

as above , any advice or how too's ??

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    as above , any advice or how too's ??
    A bloke called Carl (evocarlos is his username) has. You can find him on the z22se forum

VXR enough

thanks pal , im not too keen on joining a forum just to track the guy down for one thing , seems wrong to me

If you have a look on You Tube for Volvo and Haldex; you should get useful vids on how to service both the IV and V. The V is way simpler but there is some confusion about when VX changed from IV to V. A look underneath should let you know.

VXR enough

i did have a look pal but the insignia Gen4 unit is different to the Volvo , there is a plate to remove and the filter kit comes with a new gasket for the plate unlike the other Gen4's which jus have a cap over the filter housing , my only concern is the amount of oil required to do the job as I don't want to over / under fill it

VXRed

For haldex it is about 0.3L, for differential about 0.6l. Both oils are different. Oil for haldex must be filled over a ventilation hose and after that check the level over hole for level checking. For differential there you will fill oil until it will start to flow out from filling hole. Everything you can find easilly on google...

VXR enough

hi darry , ive looked several times on google buy I have not yet found anything specific to the Gen fitted to the siggy vxr ?

+ Reply to Thread