+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Could do with some help cheers guys ??

Can anyone help me identify a knocking noise that you can actually feel for just a few moments through the throttle pedal. It only really happens when you begin driving the car from a cold start, the knocking feel/noise appears to come from some sort of grinding that is transmitted through the pedal when you do a full left or right hand turn, immediately after starting and pulling away etc. After driving the car this noise doesn't appear to come back again until you cold start the car again, it occasionally happens again mid drive. Has anyone come across this before or can give me some sort of idea what it could be. I would be really greatful if you guys with more knowledge could give me some feedback. I have a corsa vxr 14 plate ?? Thanks in advance

Full left/right turn knocking would suggest a worn CV joint.
    Engine temp shouldn't matter too much. More so down to the angle of the steering.

Check for a torn CV rubber boot.

OPC ÉIRE- Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXR newbie

Thanks pal will have a look first thing

Quote Originally Posted by Leew1 View Post
    Can anyone help me identify a knocking noise that you can actually feel for just a few moments through the throttle pedal. It only really happens when you begin driving the car from a cold start, the knocking feel/noise appears to come from some sort of grinding that is transmitted through the pedal when you do a full left or right hand turn, immediately after starting and pulling away etc. After driving the car this noise doesn't appear to come back again until you cold start the car again, it occasionally happens again mid drive. Has anyone come across this before or can give me some sort of idea what it could be. I would be really greatful if you guys with more knowledge could give me some feedback. I have a corsa vxr 14 plate ?? Thanks in advance

Are you sure your not talking about the ABS self test that happens when first moving off after a car has been started?

Astra

+ Reply to Thread