+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiring diagram

I'm guessing as your still driving her everything works that would rule out canbus fault or broken wire does abs kick in if you brake hard. If then would guess cim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    I'm guessing as your still driving her everything works that would rule out canbus fault or broken wire does abs kick in if you brake hard. If then would guess cim.
    It’s not being used only to go out to collect that part. Every thing works as it should though I haven’t braked hard yet just in case. We put the second com into the car and still no communication. I still have CC though thinking if cim was at fault that’s usually one of the first things to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

A few other things to look at Obd plug has a pin pushed in so no coms on that can line.
    Earth points under bonnet down right side about three I think, behind glove box, boot behind side covers, think might be one on column.
    I’m more thinking comms side failed not working part, if the comms fail it doesn’t know who to speak to as programming is wiped.
    Last edited by Jon1796; 16th November 2018 at 12:56 PM.

well that doesn't sound good. I will check the OBD port
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

@jon1796 can i plug in the replacement ABS control unit without fitting it to the ABS pump?

Pass I’ve just got the whole lump as spare not just the control unit.
    Which I’ve have plugged in with out plumbing it to pipes, you get other fault codes to show that.

Ie this whole lump
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F262106846127

so i connect the whole thing without removing the pipes from the old on to see if i can get into car via OC

Have you just unplugged it and retested.

which one? the one currently on the car? no i haven't yet. i have the replacement in the car. could i just unplug the one on the car, plug in replacement (without actually removing the brake lines) to see if i can get to the ECUs (as per picture previous about 'no communication'

Yes one in car and yes to replacement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast