+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by V6spike View Post
    Mate I’ve tried vec c and no one seems to want to help unless your breaking the car then the VXD boys will be all ears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was on about this issue not yours which hasn't attracted anything. But all the info i gave you to look at yours came from Vec C, if someone can be bothered and search for themselves many solutions come up for the big common issues like heating and fan speeds etc.

I'm certainly not going to search for them but i would have already exhausted this avenue, i noticed that the VXR owners bar the odd 1 or 2 seem to think the Vectra VXR issues pertain to only the VXR so only ask in here which isn't a gold mine of knowledge. As its the same as all other Vectra's bar a few different bits of equipment a site concentrating on just the Vectra C would be my first choice
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    I was on about this issue not yours which hasn't attracted anything. But all the info i gave you to look at yours came from Vec C, if someone can be bothered and search for themselves many solutions come up for the big common issues like heating and fan speeds etc.

I'm certainly not going to search for them but i would have already exhausted this avenue, i noticed that the VXR owners bar the odd 1 or 2 seem to think the Vectra VXR issues pertain to only the VXR so only ask in here which isn't a gold mine of knowledge. As its the same as all other Vectra's bar a few different bits of equipment a site concentrating on just the Vectra C would be my first choice
    I get it mate. And I have done nothing more than try to search for answers. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve tried the stuff you have mentioned but without any expertise it’s difficult to really nail this issue.

Anyway we are detracting from the OPs thread somewhat

'55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    You’ve also got solar sensor on dash if playing up would reduce temperature.

http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/part/...6,41785,41799/

No.1 or 3 depending on which one you have.
    Hello Jon,

By solar sensor you mean this semi-sphere on the windscreen vent? I have to admit I never knew what that is...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

VXRed

What does temp show on dash or cid in hidden menu if you’ve got standard radio.
    Normally sits vertical floating just below or above half which is normal.

If motor failed in some way you might be stuck on one temp or cold and warm or hot and warm. Depending on how it’s failed.
    Take out glove box and look at heater box adjust temp and see if you can see any movement(might be drives side).
    Genuinely sorry for the newbiness, but I am not sure to which dash / cid info you are referring.

From the dashboard - water/coolant temp seems to be stuck just below 90°C for me... even if it was 4°C outside this eve and I was going around 60mph avg.

From the hidden menu: the closest thing I could find referring to temperatures is attached below...

Thank you.

VXRed

What does temp show on dash or cid in hidden menu if you’ve got standard radio.
    Normally sits vertical floating just below or above half which is normal.

If motor failed in some way you might be stuck on one temp or cold and warm or hot and warm. Depending on how it’s failed.
    Take out glove box and look at heater box adjust temp and see if you can see any movement(might be drives side).
    And final detail on the topic 》just notice a fe discrepancies:

In hidden menu - coolant crazy and on dashboard 90°C

Sensor vs Display 5°C difference...

VXRed

For above reply

The bottom two are out side temp values.
    From sensor in front grill.
    I’d check the mixer control on heater box as temperature looks good.

Coolant temp does look a little high though? That would put the needle on the dash over the 90° marker.
    Have you had any work done lately to the system? Could be some trapped air?
    Could the heater matrix be at fault?

'55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by V6spike View Post
    Coolant temp does look a little high though? That would put the needle on the dash over the 90° marker.
    Have you had any work done lately to the system? Could be some trapped air?
    Could the heater matrix be at fault?

Morning gents,

No work done for about an year: in a different thread on the forum I was sharing my experience with some coolant leaks. Eventually I got that sorted, but ever since - as you mentioned - I believed the gauge sits higher than it should showing 90°C even when driving

If you’re got sac it’s semi auto fans manual temp self adjusts.
    I’d like to see the readings from oc for solar and vent sensors to check and rule out internals to leave engine burping later. Lol
    Going back to solar might it conflict with out side temp readings to give difference.
    Unplug solar see what happens???

Or thick me that’s solar sensor so showing internal then external......
    Last edited by Jon1796; 23rd November 2018 at 01:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2