+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Iirc ( I may be confusing the Astra with my Corsa) the common/cheaper v band clamps are wider than the genuine ones and don't fit because of the proximity of the wastegate.

Agreed. Asking for trouble going non oem. Just stop being a tight **** and pay the money for a proper one .

I remember the days when people used to just shell money out on these cars and not whine
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed

Bit of an update, taken a while.

After buying and returning a second hand v-band off eBay (bent in delivery - just how!?!?!) I got fed up and bought a brand new genuine one from Courts, also a length of vacuum pipe and two vacuum joiners.

Replaced the broken vacuum pipe this morning before taking the car to a garage to get the v-band put on this afternoon, they did a lovely job and also aligned the whole front section properly. Now I can definitely say I have full power back, feels totally different, a tower of power.
    Feel like it's even more aggressive than it was before I had this issue.

Upon collecting the car from the garage however code 017011 has been logged, no idea what this code is but will see if it goes after five passes as it’s having no ill effect.

Interestingly enough though, after I did the vacuum pipe I took the car for a drive and it was still as flat as before, but after having the v-band done it’s magically all better. I don’t understand how, maybe the vacuum pipe did make a difference and I just didn’t notice, or the old v-band was leaking so badly it was messing up back pressure and sensor readings – any guesses?

Either way it’s fixed… for now at least.

Any pressure loss by the clamp is goin to affect performance definitely.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Glad to hear mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Rksmith View Post
    Glad to hear mate
    Made any further progress with yours? Definitely want to know how it gets resolved if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Opula View Post
    Made any further progress with yours? Definitely want to know how it gets resolved if not.
    Not yet mate need to get myself some axle stands so I can change the vac box and re do the vacuum pipes to the original cars setup. Then go from there failing that I think itís a box of matches and a can of petrol I think .

But I am tempted to try the actuator but itís like £145 and if it isnít that then Iím stumped cuz Iíve done everything else apart from new turbo.

Why is this so cheap or am I missing something last time I checked they +£100

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Rksmith View Post
    Why is this so cheap or am I missing something last time I checked they +£100
    Not missing anything as far as I'm aware mate, the TurboSmart ones are £120 without the bracket and £168 with, but the OE ones are as seen for £48 and it includes the bracket.

K04 OE WASTEGATE ACTUATOR Z20LEH

WASTEGATE ACTUATOR UPRATED COURTENAY TURBOSMART 10PSI - Z20LEX K04/K06

WASTEGATE ACTUATOR UPRATED COURTENAY TURBOSMART 10PSI AND BRACKET - Z20LEX K04/K06

Bargain that is might have a dabble tbf heard the turbo smart ones arenít all that tho but for £48 canít go wrong

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3