+ Reply to Thread

Question Squeak (like cheap hotel bed springs)

Just a speculator lads and lasses, I have an annoying squeak emulating from the front somewhere and only when I crawl over those silly road mountains ...

Here's what it isn't:

Total Suspension brand new including springs, roller bearings top mount and drop links. All re-torqued to spec

Brand new lower arms

Brand new inner tie rods and rod ends

Anti roll bar poly-bushed

Engine and gearbox mounts, inspected and fine - all rubber mounts, bushes etc white lithium greased and re-torqued inc side engine mount

Steering checked and fine, lithium greased.

Sub Frame mounts white lithium greased

This only happens at low speed crawling over the bumps and if a sudden drop into a cutting that spans the road width and makes her bounce slightly. There is no effect on the handling braking or driving of the car..

I've run out of possibilities -

Has anyone found the problem and can't see it listed above?

Thanks in advance everyone - I'll check back tonight when I get home - it's driving me crazy it's so annoying !

If ARB aren’t greased can cause an annoying sound squirt some wd40 on them to rule out.
    Last edited by Jon1796; 27th November 2018 at 07:13 PM.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    If ARB are greased can cause an annoying sound squirt some wd40 on them to rule out.
    Been there done that doesn’t work, only solution is to swap out the arb bush for a genuine one.

If you take the time to look at my car diary on Vec C you’ll see the perfect ally grease to use with these bushes for the other ones
    Vectra VXR estate 07

It works as short time fix so you know that you need to grease up later...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Been there done that doesn’t work, only solution is to swap out the arb bush for a genuine one.

If you take the time to look at my car diary on Vec C you’ll see the perfect ally grease to use with these bushes for the other ones

Hey Dog Man, the ARB's are Poly and have been on a good while, I hadn't greased them when the squeak began ...

I'll have another look at the ARB's, especially the drivers side where the sound appears to be emanating from - I also had a quick look yesterday at the shields behind the discs, the O/S one looks extremely close to the disc, I am going to service her early next week, so I will shave a layer off the disc edges and see if that has somehow caused the noise - I'll post a follow up when it's been done - Thanks for the advice lads...

+ Reply to Thread