+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default VXR Spark Plug issues

Hi, My Vectra c vxr has been remapped by the previous owner. I tried replacing all the plugs with genuine Vauxhall iridium tipped plugs and it spluttered like a pig. I sent them back and got Bosch ones instead and it still spluttered like a pig. I understand now that it is likely to be the gap size. What size should I gap the Bosch plugs to please.

Cheers Bruce

Welcome aboard VxRO mate

Try speaking to the place that remapped it.

HTH
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

VXRed

Hi mate, the plugs in a mapped vectra should be gapped to 0.7. I use NGK Iridium plugs gapped to 0.7 with no issues. Hope this helps.

VXRed

It could be a coil pack causing the sputtering.

As above coils common problem for misfire.
    Having plugs at .7 or 1mm it should run fine mapped or not.
    Last edited by Jon1796; 27th November 2018 at 09:59 AM.

VXRed

Thanks everyone for your advice

I'd avoid the Bosch plus, the NGK or Denso one are the ones these cars liAs said though might be a coil thats gone
    Vectra VXR 280 . Courts Rad and Intercooler. Miltek cat back. K&N Panel. Eibach's. TD 1.2s

I only use the denso plugs now
    They don't need gapping and they fire better
    NOW STAGE 3 BUILT BUY ME POWERED BY SUPERCHIPS.
    INSIGNIA TURBO,INSIGNIA INJECTORS,QUAFE DIF,PADAL CLUTCH,COURTNEY RAD AND INTERCOOLER,3 INCH SYSTEM,BILSTEN B12'S,AP RACING BRAKES,POWERFLEX BUSHES

Kudos lads - the one time I tried Bosch before I was educated she did NOT like them - waste of money as I replaced them with NGK's and she purred like a cat with a huge bowl of cream in it's fat gut!! lol

VXRed

Help! I was told, don't replace the rear three cause its awkward. I replaced the front three plugs with randomily gapped bosch plugs between 1mm + 0.75mm. it ran fine but still had the misfire under load so I replaced the first coil pack......No different...so I thought, coil 1 pack ok then, Ill put it into coil 2. still the same so I replaced coil pack with other 2nd hand coil pack as car was acting exactly the same under load. I then ordered another 2 Bosch coil packs and gapped the plugs accordingly so that the 3 rear cylinder have brand new packs and double platinum plugs. I still misfire under load.? could it be that I should bite the bullet and replace all the packs? I honestly feel that there is a more sinister issue here...Please tell me because a man shouldn't be replacing 6 x coil packs in one go ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast