+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR enough

Default double de-cat question

I spent a good while using the search button last night but could not get an exact answer to this , im think of going double decat , yes I know its loud on cold start up but can I weld in a sport cat and still get the same loud as the u-tube vids ive been watching ?? I was thinking of sticking one in where the 2nd cat was , so no main cat nr the tubby just this one further down

VXRed blooded

if you remove the main cat you need to relocate the 2nd O2 sensor or you will have Engine light on dashboard.

But basically yes you can use decat Downpipe and a secondary sport cat, that's even the best option performance wise, not the cheapest one, but the better power output.

VXR enough

ok great , so put an O2 after where ever I place the sport cat ? I defo want that extra noise the main decat provides pal , its awesome ! on the sport cat front is a 100 or 200 cell best ? I presume the 200 will be slightly more restrictive ?

VXRacing ahead

when ui did mine .i changed the front pipe to the courtney one , then added the scorpion pipe to replace the 2nd cat , and took out the middle box . so have just the rear boxes still . nice when on cold start , ( its loud to warm up the cats ) then a nice burple when normal driving , but will pop when given it the beans .

VXR enough

Cool , did you do the O2 mod ?

I was just about to ask the same ?
    I've just got a scorpion de-cat for mine the main cat replacement already done the pre-cat
    Also will I have to get it re-maped for fueling reasons as well ? I've already had it mapped with the pre-cat delete fitted
    Last edited by foxumall; 3rd December 2018 at 03:25 PM.

VXR enough

I think your map will need a tweak to take into account the removal of the other cat pal

Cheers mate I thought it might

VXR enough

no probs , back when I had my first siggy , I was running an EDS map which was spec'd for air filter and full decat , it was epic even though I was still running the main cat in my set up , replacement main cat pipes were in development stages back then I think

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    Cool , did you do the O2 mod ?
    whats that ??

i did these then had it mapped so i would have thought the mapping would have taken that into account ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast