+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Sudden loss of electrics. Power steering lights radio ect

Hi.

So this has happened a few times recently. I'd be driving and at first the radio begins to cut out every few minutes or so. Then it's as if the car is surging for power. The dash lights begin to go crazy, random traction control + abs lights pop up then power steering completely goes.

However I restart the car and it drives fine..
    I've been to the garage and had the alternator tested it's coming out around 13.4 volts.
    They can't see any issues however something must be causing this

Any advice would be great. Also the battery is less than 3 months old

Got to be something like a loose connection , a bad earth or something like that.

Are he connectors in the boot all secure as they can be pushed in but check they have all clicked in and lever is locked. They are in the boot on left hand side you will see them through inspection flap where you access rear of light.

To be honest 13.4 seems a little low? Testing my mrs cdti last week to see if the battery was knackered and on tick over with lights and heater full blast I was getting 14v.

How did they do the test?
    Does point to a dodger earth strap having said all that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Owned the car for over a year and nothing like this has happened before. Dewipered it recently and has been acting up since then so I'll go ahead and check the wires ect.
    Quite scary tho loosing power steering as I don't want to be driving 60mph+ and it goes.

+ Reply to Thread