+ Reply to Thread

Default Drivers rear footwell soaking wet

Hello,

I've noticed recently in all the rain we've been having that my rear drivers footwell is absolutely soaking wet in my 3 year old E.

I've ran a hose over the car and can't see anything coming in. The roof lining is dry as a bone and none of the other footwells are wet.

As it's usually only me in the car to work and back, I've had no reason to check it. I have noticed a lot of "condensation" build up in the car lately but didn't think too much of it until last night when I put something behind my seat and noticed it was soaking when I took it out.

Boot is dry as far as I can tell.

Any ideas?

Out of warranty but I work in a Land Rover dealer (non technical staff), so would be able to get the simple things checked without paying any money.

Cheers!

VXRed

Could be drivers door rubber or window rubber, or door might not be aligned properly or something

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

Could be heater matrix mate

My guess would be the back light seals. Lift the carpet out of the boot and see if it’s wet under it.

Had a similar problem years ago in a Rover 200 and that’s what it was. Water was leaking past the rear light seals, along the boot floor channelling into the rear foot wells.
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line and a Corsa D VXR > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 > Focus MK3 ST3 250 > Focus MK3 RS and a Corsa E VXR ***

+ Reply to Thread