+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Corsa d vxr high boost 1st 2nd gear

Hi, noticed Iím getting boost off the gauge in 1st and 2nd gears. Iím leading towards rear boost solenoid. Anyone else had this problem? No sign of vacuum leaks, forge recirc valve and newish actuator. Only just started happening boosted fine before. Thanks.

VXRed

Rear boost solenoid? I thought there was only one on these ?

VXRed

No 2 i by the vacuum box, 1 off the turbo. Also full boost in high gears sent car into limp mode, bit confused now

VXRed

Would it of thrown up a code for going into limp mode?

VXRed

Yes would have thought there would be a code in the ECU's memory if you plug a obd reader in mate and where is this second one I have changed the boost solenoid off the turbo cleaned up the map sensor replaced the maf sensor but didn't know there was another solenoid just cus I have abit of a intermittent boost judder maybe that's it ��

VXRed

Back of the engine by the vacuum box I believe. Wouldn’t of thought that would cause a judder in boost there to prevent overboosting I thought. Perhaps your maf sensor, boost leak, could even be ignition (plugs, coils) my boost was all over the place before turned out I had a loose spark plug. I did have a bluefin back when I had stage 1 but then had a z16 map put on when I went ko4 and now it doesn’t recognise the car so will have to get a cheap one off eBay.

VXRed

Problem solved the overboost in 1st and 2nd was the colder air making the car request more boost, adjusted the actuator and its backlog to normal now. Also found out 2 of my plugs were cracked on the ceramic, so replaced these runs a lot better now.

+ Reply to Thread