+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Millers running in oil....how many miles before it should be replaced?

Hey all names Jayse from se London new on the forum but forget all that, Iím currently having my car rebuilt due to a slight compression loss that was found out on a mapping session so decided to just do a complete overhaul.

My question is once itís complete An has the millers running in oil how man miles before I drop it out an whatís best to replace it with? My mate whose doing the build says I should do 500miles then drop it out do another 500 an replace that oil but I really wanna get my car mapped before Xmas but 1000 miles run in???
    06 Astra H vxr - blady ball ache but I love it

When I forged my GSi engine Z20LET I used 15w40 mineral oil for around 100miles, drained that, filled with 10W40 semi synthetic oil, ran that for 300-400 miles, using most of the rev range but not boosting up if you get what I mean, drained that and changed to 5w40 fully synthetic, and thatís what I still use now 3 and a half years later

VXR newbie

Thanks that’s actually helped a lot so your saying go up in stages not booting it to hard right
    06 Astra H vxr - blady ball ache but I love it

Yes I gradually built the rev up over time with as little boost as possible. Thing is I don’t think there is a set procedure, lots of people have there own ways of doing it. That’s how I did mine and all been good so far

+ Reply to Thread