+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Haven’t got a clue....yet from the way the system is set up the pressure switch by bonnet open switch should turn on pump when vacuum drops past x value. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    From what I read on here and vec c I don’t think you understand how the vacuum system works. I have never seen a manual or schematic explaining the system and how it functions but from what I’ve seen I can guess as it also depends on which way the one way valves are supposed to work.
    PM your number and I’ll call and explain it’s all a simple system of sensors valves and a vac pump
    I fully understand what a vacuum system does, I'm just trying to carry out simple tests. I did see on other forums that other people carried out a similar test as to what I'm suggesting and they determined where there was a leak by process of ellimination. If the pump isn't working to begin with then that's the culprit, if it is and can work on it's own without any other sensor telling it to kick in then it will state that I've got a leak. If the sensor further up adjacent to the airbox is needed then I've got a spare on order to replace it if it is defective. Yes, it can also be the one way valves but it might not so testing is my first step. I've got most of the items needed to replace the pipework from vacuum to intake so if it's anything other than that then that's another problem. I see there is also a relay that is attached to the pump, is it also possible it could be that? Never straight forward

VXRed blooded

Could be any part of the system, you need to check each part is doing it’s job
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Could be any part of the system, you need to check each part is doing it’s job
    Yip, hopefully the snow won't appear as it's forecast up here. I'll get under both the bottom of the car and the hood at the weekend and see what I can find. Thanks for your offer of the dog and bone, I may take you up on it if I get no where fast :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7