+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    If you've left it over night try just turning ignition on to lights(bonnet up)and listen if vacuum pump kicks in, then you have got a leak(pump is d/s front right quarter behind bumper).
    So if pump kicks in I've got a leak?

Went out today and the brakes were fine after sitting for around 13hrs, drove to work and left the car for 8hrs, came back out and still fine. I'm puzzled as to why it isn't constant and has just happened a few times? Is there anything else other than the servo that could cause this? If it were a leak then I suspect it would be something that was happening all the time?

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by V6spike View Post
    You can upgrade the 1 way valves with decent alloy ones and silicone hose for those pipes that are made of chocolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've got plenty of hose, added those one way valves to my watchlist that you had mentioned in another thread

Mikez1 had a leak in pipes his v/p kicked in most times when he turned to ignition lights on.
    Which showed his pipes were cracked loosing pressure/valves leaking.
    I’m not there so can only go by what you tell us.
    You said you had a vacuum test try it and see what you get.
    You’ve also been told about the flexi hose degrading.

You have to go from one test to another until you find the fault....it’s a pain in the back side, unless you’ve had the same thing before then you know next time......

VXRed blooded

If you look on the parts list the valves look like they are listed seperatly to buy
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Mikez1 had a leak in pipes his v/p kicked in most times when he turned to ignition lights on.
    Which showed his pipes were cracked loosing pressure/valves leaking.
    I’m not there so can only go by what you tell us.
    You said you had a vacuum test try it and see what you get.
    You’ve also been told about the flexi hose degrading.

You have to go from one test to another until you find the fault....it’s a pain in the back side, unless you’ve had the same thing before then you know next time......
    Unfortunately I have no time until the weekends when I have very little time at all to allow me to do all the checking. I did manage to have a little look under the bonnet today and spotted something that might be causing it but not sure as I don't know how big a split would cause my symptoms. By the way the brakes were all good again today? I will upload what I have found and will see if I can obtain a replacement part or mend it some how?...

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    If you look on the parts list the valves look like they are listed seperatly to buy
    What list are you referring to?

Probably

http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/types/1/41/

Try and replace and see how you go.

Are you VXR enough?

Think I'll try and repair first, cheapest I could find was around the £90 mark

Are you VXR enough?

Yeah replace it with silicone hose if needed. Is your vac pump actually working? If you turn the car to ignition (don't start) and pump the brake pedal the vac pump should kick in and return the pedal to normal from being hard. Noise will come from drivers side front just behind bumper

I've seriously replaced that pipe work 3 times and still the valves went wrong. It's only now after upgrading them to the metal ones that I've never heard the pump go off since and had no issues + super smooth running / idle
    Last edited by mikez1; 8th December 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by mikez1 View Post
    Yeah replace it with silicone hose if needed. Is your vac pump actually working? If you turn the car to ignition (don't start) and pump the brake pedal the vac pump should kick in and return the pedal to normal from being hard. Noise will come from drivers side front just behind bumper

I've seriously replaced that pipe work 3 times and still the valves went wrong. It's only now after upgrading them to the metal ones that I've never heard the pump go off since and had no issues + super smooth running / idle
    Which valves did you replace as I'd be tempted to replace the pipework and valves at some stage.

Well, I just nipped out and put ignition to lights on and pumped the pedal as it was hard again and there was no noise coming from anywhere. Is the pump easy to replace or is there a fuse that I should check. I take it there are no indications that the pump has failed other than no noise and the solid pedal?
    Last edited by sinbrad; 8th December 2018 at 06:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast