+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Are you VXR enough?

Default Intermittent Solid Brake Pedal?

Ok guys, over the past week or so and on a couple of occasions during that period I've had a solid brake pedal just shortly after starting the car and driving off. It is a bit of a shocker when you press the pedal and it doesn't budge. After a short drive it sorts itself out. It doesn't happen all the time just a few times. Any ideas what could be causing the problem. I did have a sticking rear caliper and haven't gotten round to replacing it yet but at the time I did strip it down and clean it and it seems to have been working ok since but for piece of mind I'm replacing the 2 rears when I get time

Check vacuum to brake servo or servo has gone.

Are you VXR enough?

Any photos of the pipework? If the servo was gone wouldn't that cause problems all the time?

If the vacuum is lost over night say, the pedal would be hard, once engine has started and builds up the vacuum again pedal returns to normal.

If I remember right the servo is a big diaphragm if it’s got a small hole in it would cause same as pipe work.

I’ll try and get some pics up later.....

Default Pics

Excuse my poor markings.
    Marked what I could see but basically check all plastic pipes just don’t break any as you can’t get replacements for most of them.

Are you VXR enough?

Thanks for that, I've got one of those pipes that I bought a while back as it might have came in handy. Got in car this morning to take it to get the wheels done and the pedal was normal? Bit of a strange one. Once I get it back I'll have a look see if I can spot anything, got some spare o'rings so might swap them anyway as they are still the originals. I've also got a wee bit of kit that I bought ages ago to enable checking of vacuum through the system will have to dig that out and see if there is any major drop in pressure?

If you've left it over night try just turning ignition on to lights(bonnet up)and listen if vacuum pump kicks in, then you have got a leak(pump is d/s front right quarter behind bumper).

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by sinbrad View Post
    Any photos of the pipework? If the servo was gone wouldn't that cause problems all the time?
    Bad sinbrad lol you don’t need photos look at the engine bay and work it out it’s not hard but a fair few pipes so lots of potential for a failure
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

And lots of crap one way valves

You can upgrade the 1 way valves with decent alloy ones and silicone hose for those pipes that are made of chocolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast