+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Alloy gators? Worth it or not?

Hi guys does anyone have any experience with alloy gators? Iím having my wheels refurbished and was thinking of sticking a set on to protect from kerb damage. The guys doing it for me told me to Stay away because water and dirt can get in between the alloy gator and rim and it can cause pressure issues etc plus Iíve heard horror stories of them coming loose while driving and causing carnage on your paintwork 🤣?

Dunno about any of that.

From what I've seen they will protect your rims once, but any kerbing destroys them straight away and they need replacing.

I'd just sharpen up your driving skills
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by leomaule View Post
    Hi guys does anyone have any experience with alloy gators? Iím having my wheels refurbished and was thinking of sticking a set on to protect from kerb damage. The guys doing it for me told me to Stay away because water and dirt can get in between the alloy gator and rim and it can cause pressure issues etc plus Iíve heard horror stories of them coming loose while driving and causing carnage on your paintwork ?
    YupĒ Wouldnít go there mate..Cause all sorts of leakage problems..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Had them on my st no problems protected my alloys , but as said once hit they need replaced , but now you can buy them singly , get them fitted by a reputable fitter cheaper than an alloy plus you have come back if anything happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread