+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Engine vibration

I would appreciate opinion from members about the following. I had a business trip today. Going there I was kind of late and I've put te car into VXR mode. I was driving 130-135 m/h for about 20-25 miles, engine running at app. 5000 rpm.
    On the return home, last 20 miles I took off the highway, put the car in the VXR mode and drove down the winding mountain road in the 6th gear, engine revving 1500-2500-3000 rpm. Maybe I should have used a lower gear. At the end I started to feel little vibrations, which I assumed were coming from the tyres and the bad road. Turning back to the highway for the last 10 miles, I accelerated to 112 m/h, the engine revving at 4000 rpm. During acceleration car started to tremble much more. After a minute or so the car was vibrating significantly and loudly, so I took off the highway to check tyres. Pressure in the tyres was fine and I continued slowly home on a local road. Arriving home I've put the car in the neutral and revved the engine. It was picking rpm slower than normal and would not go over 4000 rpm. I didn't want to push it. The car has the stage 1 map from Klassen Germany. I believe it's the same map as Courtenay as they are partners. What could be the problem: chains, clutch, gearbox? Bad fuel or water in the fuel? Something else? Is it ok to drive it without pushing it? The car has 42.000 miles. Haldex oil and filter were changed at 29.000 miles. I change oil and filters approx. every 9.000 miles. I don't drive often in the VXR mode. Brake pads are still original and first set of Pirellis made over 25.000 miles. I would appreciate any opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Bardo
    Insignia ST OPC Unlimited

VXRed blooded

I am wondering if reving in netral can go over 3000-4000 ? maybe there is a limitation, don't remember.

About the vibration, could it be pads/discs that have been used and (over)heated ?
    It happens on brembos after some hard braking, maybe you should give it a clean (especially the holes, use a wire to get into them).

No warnings ? no other symptoms than vibration ?
    Reving slow only in neutral ? or on the raod too ?

VXRed

Tried again this morning. The engine revs slowly to 4.000. Maybe it could rev higher on full throttle. Before it would rev briskly to 7.000. Yesterday it started to vibrate during acceleration, while throttling the engine. Not while braking. No warnings on the dash.

Bardo

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Tried again this morning. The engine revs slowly to 4.000. Maybe it could rev higher on full throttle. Before it would rev briskly to 7.000. Yesterday it started to vibrate during acceleration, while throttling the engine. Not while braking. No warnings on the dash.

It sounds like it could be your MAP sensor.

Have the codes read out. If it has gone into limpmode, it will have stored a code.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed

I took the car to Opel. It turned there was some garbage wrapped around the transmission shaft which I have picked on the road at night. And the low rpm in neutral was just me being to careful/scared to push the pedal! Silly! I have over 1 mill. kms behind me and never had such a case. All the stories of chains, Haldex and clutches just make one crazy.

Bardo

+ Reply to Thread