Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default Is this a good sky tv deal?

Been a sky customer for apprix 18 years (might be mro ebut not sure) and i have just negotitated £53 for 18months and i get

sports hd,
    all the channels
    3 sky multi rooms
    latest sky main box

is this good considering how long ive been with them for?

Also, shockingly, first time i called to renew my contract i was told £74 per month which was an increase of £14 as i was paying £60.50. The normal bill shoul dbe £91.50 which is alot i know.

So then i sai dno and clale dback after na hour and the new guy offered me £58 then i got him down to £53.

So just by calling multiple times i got differing prices which is bs... One perosn says this another gives you that, at the end of they day it's amazing what you can get if your smart and know how to speach it to people.

What do you all think? What are you paying?
    Last edited by VXRer; 6th December 2018 at 12:24 PM.

VXR enough

Oh you're back - i thought this site was "dead to you"?

I have no idea on the price but what you've described is pretty standard rather than your ability to "negotiate them down".

Most contracts are the same - i.e

- you take it out for X price,
    - they increase it by X amount per year,
    - you get wise and complain so they reduce it.

All you conversations will be filed so no surprise the last person you spoke to was cheapest.

At the end of the day they don't want to loose you and whatever they charge is still overpriced for what it costs them.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Oh you're back - i thought this site was "dead to you"?

I have no idea on the price but what you've described is pretty standard rather than your ability to "negotiate them down".

Most contracts are the same - i.e

- you take it out for X price,
    - they increase it by X amount per year,
    - you get wise and complain so they reduce it.

All you conversations will be filed so no surprise the last person you spoke to was cheapest.

At the end of the day they don't want to loose you and whatever they charge is still overpriced for what it costs them.
    Can someone please tell me if this is a godo price or not though? There must be other long time sky users on here?

Am i gettign ripped off or is it a pretty good deal considering everything i've mentioned?

I just hope my feeling on calling them more times than i did will result in an even cheaper price!

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VXRer View Post
    Can someone please tell me if this is a godo price or not though? There must be other long time sky users on here?

Am i gettign ripped off or is it a pretty good deal considering everything i've mentioned?

I just hope my feeling on calling them more times than i did will result in an even cheaper price!
    Yea its a good price! i pay £70 a month for all that but with Sky broadband, sky cinema and sky box sets inc! I only have 1 extra mutiroom box
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    Yea its a good price! i pay £70 a month for all that but with Sky broadband, sky cinema and sky box sets inc!
    I get all that aswell, sky cinema hd, sky box sets, but not sky broadband as thats with another provder. Starting to sound liek a good deal after all then! If you have been with them long you should call em up and say you are paying too much and its too much money and you want a discount for as a long time loyal customer and threaten to leave then they should bite. If you dont get a good lower price i say dont cancel just say youll think about it or cal them back andthe next perosn might give you a much lower price like what happened to me!

Same hting happened when i got insured on parents car. was quoted three different prices ranging from £143 all the way down to £83 if i remmeber accuratly!
    Last edited by VXRer; 6th December 2018 at 02:45 PM.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by VXRer View Post
    If you have been with them long you should call em up and say you are paying too much and its too much money and you want a discount for as a long time loyal customer and threaten to leave then they should bite. If you dont get a good lower price i say dont cancel just say youll think about it or cal them back andthe next perosn might give you a much lower price like what happened to me!
    I can't believe you're amazed by this, as i said its standard for virtually everything like paytv/phones/broadband/insurance etc.

In this day and age Sky is complete waste of money given the alternatives though, unless there is something you can only get on Sky?

Even then theres nothing that can't be got via Streaming/Torrenting.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Virgin customer here. With uber fast broadband, BT sport hd channels and 250 odd TV channels and all the interactive stuff of the latest box for 49 a month.

And yes you have to be a mug to just take sky at their asking prices. First thing to learn.

The TV is really a rip off anyway. It's all ***** generally. All repeats. I like BT sport though.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    I can't believe you're amazed by this, as i said its standard for virtually everything like paytv/phones/broadband/insurance etc.

In this day and age Sky is complete waste of money given the alternatives though, unless there is something you can only get on Sky?

Even then theres nothing that can't be got via Streaming/Torrenting.
    Im not a big fan of stremaign an dtorrenting although i do do it to save money on ppv events at the end of the day its a hassle to do and always cuts out.

Sky has a great user interface and a heck of alot of tv to watch.

Plus i like watching tv to be as easy as possible. switch on tv with remote and watch!

Plus sky now has youtube built in which has alot of stuff you can watch and netflix!

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Virgin customer here. With uber fast broadband, BT sport hd channels and 250 odd TV channels and all the interactive stuff of the latest box for 49 a month.

And yes you have to be a mug to just take sky at their asking prices. First thing to learn.

The TV is really a rip off anyway. It's all ***** generally. All repeats. I like BT sport though.
    My deal is better than yours i reckon, not by much but still. its close though.

thats the only thing i dont have bt sport which is extra.

I hate this kinda of thing and I think it needs looking at across the board.. All companies.

So if you ' negotiate ' then alot of money can be taken off but to the old person who doesn't negotiate then they have to pay full whack? Or someone who doesn't like to negotiate has to pay alot more. Two people can have the exact same ' package ' but because one rings up they get it pretty much slashed in half in some cases. To me this is bollox, and the loyal customer bonus is bollox too. I don't like how it works it's totally unfair and imo should be looked at.

So me, I'm a Virgin customer. Sky sports bundle, TV Xl, 100 mb vibre optic plus 2 boxes. It's 97 per month.. 97 and because of some random increase in prices now 103.

Rung up and best they can do is 80, but woman day before said 91. It seems who ever you talk to on the day has random prices to offer its crazy. I've removed pretty much everything but Internet and it's still 60 per month, and this is with the 5 years loyalty bonus ********. I will be leaving next year for sure it's just annoying how people are paying less for more stuff!! the system is whack
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast