+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear Brake Pads

VXRed

Default Rear Brake Pads

Fellas,

I've got a 2013 corsa vxr that needs some new rear pads and am looking for some tips, ive done front pads before but never rear.

Does anyone know if ill need a rewind tool? and if so can you point out a good brand and how many locating pins it will need to move the piston?

Cheers

Nick

VXRed

Yes you will need a rewind tool one that will have left hand thread and right. Also with two pins. There are lots of kits on eBay.

VXRed

Having a piston rewind tool is beneficial but its not needed you can push the piston back simply with a screw driver between piston and pad but go slowly and use a flat head and push piston back and make sure to unscrew the brake fluid tank cap in engine bay to make it even easier I've done both front and rear discs and pads and calipers easy job i found the rear brakes to be easier as the fronts have this metal retaining clip which caused me a lot of issues lol but the rear brakes are a easy two bolts which holds the caliper on un do these make sure to use some tread lock when doing them back up and don't forget to put the cap back on the tank in engine bay and your good to go bed in them new pads or discs
    Last edited by Geo_Boi; 14th December 2018 at 05:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread