+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Just took mine apart still get 7 clicks but pads are halfway down. I’ll have to wait till I get some new pads.
    I wound the black stop forward.
    Is that your spring in the auto adjust position or is that a stock photo taken from somewhere?

I wound mine forward as well and it's as far as it can go. I don't know what would happen if I wound it the other way, there ain't a lot of info out there as to how to carry out adjustment using this part?

Are you VXR enough?

Thinking on the auto adjust 7 clicks, it's auto yes but you have to do manual adjust to set up in the first place for the auto part to work correctly
    What manual adjust? If as we've discussed it's the adjustment of the slider then been there, seen it, done it?

Are you VXR enough?

https://youtu.be/nlEZDF5z9O4

See if I can have a got later if I get time.

Thinking a loud......the black tab has to be adjusted the be in the position to release the lock on cable piston so spring can take any slack when you next pull lock comes on ,piston so hand brake self adjusts.
    Had a look at his video but not able to understand due to the language barrier :-)

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by VeXeR View Post
    Try 5-6 hard successive braking from 60/70mph down to 20mph, hard slows, without engaging ABS where possible.
    You'll need a quiet road/motorway, perform each braking procedure within quick succession of the previous.
    Brakes may start to fade and even smell after 4 cycles, so ensure you've no obstructions in front of you, just in case.

If that doesn't sort some of the imbalance
    Once completed 5-6 cycles, drive on with minimal/no use of the brakes to allow time for them to cool.

The figures as they stand aren't all that bad, but no harm in trying to improve upon them.
    I haven't any other figures to compare mine to as no one on any of the forums that I've posted on have came back with theirs? I will try the brake test on way to work tomorrow as it's an early start and normally roads are quiet at that time

Are you VXR enough?

Are brake caliper carriers handed i.e. do you need one for left and one for right as there are two different part numbers available?

Just found out the 2 part numbers are for vented/non-vented discs, DOH
    Last edited by sinbrad; 27th December 2018 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinbrad View Post
    Are brake caliper carriers handed i.e. do you need one for left and one for right as there are two different part numbers available?

Just found out the 2 part numbers are for vented/non-vented discs, DOH
    Which ones did you get......

Quote Originally Posted by sinbrad View Post
    Is that your spring in the auto adjust position or is that a stock photo taken from somewhere?

I wound mine forward as well and it's as far as it can go. I don't know what would happen if I wound it the other way, there ain't a lot of info out there as to how to carry out adjustment using this part?
    That’s what it was like when I stripped her down now all the way forward...

Are you VXR enough?

Which ones did you get......

Didn't get any just needed the info

https://youtu.be/nlEZDF5z9O4

See if I can have a got later if I get time.

Thinking a loud......the black tab has to be adjusted the be in the position to release the lock on cable piston so spring can take any slack when you next pull lock comes on ,piston so hand brake self adjusts.
    Just put new pads in take it back the screw a fraction or so.

Are you VXR enough?

Just put new pads in take it back the screw a fraction or so.
    Oh, so screw needs retracted and not wound in? Although the handbrake works and has passed the test I'd like it to be on less clicks. Did you test with the screw wound in the opposite direction like you said above, how did it feel?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast