+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Are you VXR enough?

Default Help!!! MOT failure

Ok guys, just had a call from MOT test centre and car has failed its MOT. It failed on lower RH wishbone and RH IDS+ suspension!!!

Now I know the suspension is going to be a pain to get hold of but I don't understand the difference between a standardish Vectra and VXR Vectra wishbone other than the massive price difference. I've had a look on ecat and it shows the VXR wishbone as being part 13225799 which looking on the net is priced at around the £200+ mark but the other part number listed as not being for VXR 24413016 is priced at round the £60 mark. I have looked at courtenay website but they are closed throughout the festive period and will take approx 7-10 days to get hold of the suspension?
    Last edited by sinbrad; 29th December 2018 at 03:31 PM.

Did the brakes pass......I got both of mine from the scrappy standard veccy parts, been on a few years now.
    Just don’t buy pattern parts or you’ll have to change both.
    If it’s the rubbers that failed you can replace them if it’s the ball another W/b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

Yeah, the brakes passed. The failure was the lower ball joint so it's new W/B needed. The suspension failure was the IDS+ was leaking excessively and the other side had misting. If I had spotted it I could have cleaned it up prior to MOT but unfortunately not. What standard veccy parts did you get, surely not IDS+

Default Help!!! MOT failure

No bearings, wishbone, knuckle

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by sinbrad View Post

Ok guys, just had a call from MOT test centre and car has failed its MOT. It failed on lower RH wishbone and RH IDS+ suspension!!!

Now I know the suspension is going to be a pain to get hold of but I don't understand the difference between a standardish Vectra and VXR Vectra wishbone other than the massive price difference. I've had a look on ecat and it shows the VXR wishbone as being part 13225799 which looking on the net is priced at around the £200+ mark but the other part number listed as not being for VXR 24413016 is priced at round the £60 mark. I have looked at courtenay website but they are closed throughout the festive period and will take approx 7-10 days to get hold of the suspension?
    You must have missed my posts on Vec C over the years, the vxr is NO different to any other Vectra in the parts it uses until you start talking about trim, seats the engine intake system and badges. If you speak to a dealer or GPS you'll find there is now only 1 part number for the lower wishbone for and facelift Vectra C. Its easy to check as well since the VXR uses the same suspension geometry as the SRi or sport.
    Vectra VXR estate 07

The part no. Is stamped on to wishbone check it.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Which most likely has been superseded
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    You must have missed my posts on Vec C over the years, the vxr is NO different to any other Vectra in the parts it uses until you start talking about trim, seats the engine intake system and badges. If you speak to a dealer or GPS you'll find there is now only 1 part number for the lower wishbone for and facelift Vectra C. Its easy to check as well since the VXR uses the same suspension geometry as the SRi or sport.
    Well that's strange as I've been in discussion with GPS today trying to get hold of the parts I may need i.e. wishbones. They gave me two different prices, one price for 13225799 (VXR) £221.40 and another for part 24413016 (non VXR) £181.74. If I was to look on the bay or elsewhere I can get a wishbone for around the £60 mark as stated. GPS didn't state that the VXR ran the same part, they only told me the 2 prices? I did also phone vauxhall, where I got hold of a front set of IDS+ and they said they couldn't tell me why there were 2 different part numbers but they did say they would query it with their support and see what if any difference there is, won't hear back from them until next week?

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    I'll be under the car on new years day if it's quiet, so I can check then as there is a lot of confusion when talking to suppliers (Vauxhall/GPS) ECAT lists 2 part numbers and both Vauxhall and GPS give prices for them. If as Dogbook says there is only 1 part number then why do both confirm separate part numbers?

There on there can’t remember where.
    Hang on.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast