+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

No just checked spare thought they had part no. on I was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

I stuffed lemforders or whatever they are called on mine, 5 years and no issues. Not much cash either.

VXRed blooded

Yup, i have already done the checking and i have the email with epc screen shots showing the same part number for all Vectra C's.
    Apart from the shock absorbers combined with the CDC module which i think could have been added to other Vectra's at the factory the suspension and parts are identical throughout the range.
    You might remember an epic battle on Vec C where i asked the so called knowledgeable VXR owners what was so special about the VXR suspension as apart from what i stated i found no differences to that of my then SRi 1.9cdti busting the myth that the VXR was so damn special.
    Of course from a number of people the educated reply was that the VXR is so special as only 1001 were made, not sure how that answered the technical question of what was different on a VXR chassis to that of an SRi but there you go.

The only other notable difference is the VXR has bigger front brakes with ducts in the front bumper and smaller brake disc shields which no other has as only the VXR was fitted with 345's.
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

I have somehow lost one of my brake ducts... God knows how! Can only imagine it went flying down the road when it did detach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Yup, i have already done the checking and i have the email with epc screen shots showing the same part number for all Vectra C's.
    Apart from the shock absorbers combined with the CDC module which i think could have been added to other Vectra's at the factory the suspension and parts are identical throughout the range.
    You might remember an epic battle on Vec C where i asked the so called knowledgeable VXR owners what was so special about the VXR suspension as apart from what i stated i found no differences to that of my then SRi 1.9cdti busting the myth that the VXR was so damn special.
    Of course from a number of people the educated reply was that the VXR is so special as only 1001 were made, not sure how that answered the technical question of what was different on a VXR chassis to that of an SRi but there you go.

The only other notable difference is the VXR has bigger front brakes with ducts in the front bumper and smaller brake disc shields which no other has as only the VXR was fitted with 345's.
    Disc shields smaller are not just VXR check eBay. Lol

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153060471116

Last edited by Jon1796; 30th December 2018 at 07:45 PM.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Disc shields smaller are not just VXR check eBay. Lol

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153060471116

Looks like they listed it wrong or Vauxhall parts are wrong as well. Unless when i confirmed the fitment they didn't check the 1.8?

Well that makes the VXR even less unique then, my VXR only item list just gets shorter lol
    Last edited by Dog_Book; 30th December 2018 at 10:58 PM.
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Are you VXR enough?

So there is no replacement for the IDS+, is the VXR the only model with this suspension? I did ponder with coilovers but decided to keep stock setup, maybe go coilovers at a later date when and if the rears need replacing as they seem to be along the same costing as the front! Might get some cash back with a good used front set with rears for refurbishing?

No replacement ??? They still sell them.
    Or put on the 3.2L shocks about the same weight up front.
    Put on what you prefer.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    No replacement ??? They still sell them.
    Or put on the 3.2L shocks about the same weight up front.
    Put on what you prefer.
    Shocks aren’t rated for axle weight like springs, that’s why B8’s are the same for the whole vec range.

The options for aftermarket suspension has been done to death on Vec c let alone on here in the past

I’ll give you a clue, the details of what’s on mine are in my signature and car diary on vec c
    Last edited by Dog_Book; 31st December 2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Vectra VXR estate 07

Your dairy’s to long to go through. Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast