+ Reply to Thread
    Are you VXR enough?

Default Another DAP bites the dust.

Garbage springs. Must have been from a batch made of chocolate with a flake coating. Completely obliterated the top bearing as the same time

Why donít you buy some decent ones next time. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you VXR enough?

Got Eibachs to go on there, only problem is the garage who changed my tyres overtightened the locking nut so it's now knackered.

Just as an FYI for people with Daps where the coating has come off, I would advise changing them. Courts told me it wouldn't cause any issues at the time but immediate rust onset can never be a good thing.

All 4 have now snapped and were replaced one at a time with what must be a better batch as the coating is intact on them, as was the much earlier ones which lasted a long time.

Changing to Eibachs now to raise the car a bit on the front.
    Last edited by mikez1; 1st January 2019 at 04:48 PM.

Default Another DAP bites the dust.

Nasty....put H & Rís on mine hard but thatís fine by me.
    There is a tool to get them off try ATS or something like that, had that when I first got mine so got rid of them.

Last edited by Jon1796; 1st January 2019 at 04:50 PM.

Are you VXR enough?

Got someone coming out tomorrow to sort it for me, its going to cost a bit but the alloys I have meant I need the tuner bolt locking nut style "things" the thin head etc so I don't think some of the tools work (the ones that grip around the outside etc). It's not completely mashed so an impact driver might just crack the seal on it. Its soaking overnight with WD40 around it - as are all the suspension components so I can change both fronts tomorrow to Eibach. Just hoping there is no damage to the strut tower as the spring has jumped out of the top mount area when it shattered the bearing casing.

They uses impact on mine Vís locks worked a treat.
    Hope not or more expense....

Eibachs are awesome, nice drop and the ride is alot better than standard
    Vectra VXR 280 . Courts Rad and Intercooler. Miltek cat back. K&N Panel. Eibach's. TD 1.2s

Are you VXR enough?

Eibachs fitted and what a nice ride compared to the Daps! I don't get rattled out of my seat. Hopefully these will last.

Does anyone need a spare front DAP spring? It's from the later batch with coating pretty much intact apart from where it sat in the blue spring sleeve at the bottom and the odd bit here and there.

Just postage to pay if you want it - might come in handy if you have one snap and need a replacement quickly. I can send pics if anyone interested.

VXRed

What Eibachs did you fit?

DAP spring have got to be the worst springs i have ever seen, had a set on my last vxr ended up damaging the front wings it was so low after they settled. needless to say courtney sports dont sell them anymore. changed them out for eibachs, far far better spring. however they didnt make one for the vxr, something to do with the IDS but anyway you can use 1.9cdti springs. these are the one courtney sports send you also, but you can get them cheaper online. the code is

E10-65-007-02-22

That is for hatchback, the estate ones are slighty different, i think its the "007" part thats different.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread