+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

75 for all 3 pedals which isn't too bad, cheers
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

VXR enough

Keep an eye on ebay; i got the set of 3 for my old 1.4 for only £25 quid delivered.

Wish i'd taken them off before selling now! In fact, wish i'd not sold any of my corsas...
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Keep an eye on ebay; i got the set of 3 for my old 1.4 for only £25 quid delivered.

Wish i'd taken them off before selling now! In fact, wish i'd not sold any of my corsas...
    Lol last I heard you was praising the fiesta and everything was all good! What's changed?

Yeah there an accelerator pedal on there for 12 quid, I may get it then get others in part when can

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Lol last I heard you was praising the fiesta and everything was all good! What's changed?

Yeah there an accelerator pedal on there for 12 quid, I may get it then get others in part when can
    Just the more i live with it the less love i feel for it.

First problem that arose was the handling was the handing and brakes. Nothing technically wrong but the steering literally has no feedback...i mean seriously i don't know how people praise the mk7...but you have no feedback on if the front wheels are gripping or sliding so doesn't inspire confidence. Likewise the brakes...the 1.0 as standard has 260mm discs which is the same as you'd get on a 1.2 Corsa! The car has 140 brake as standard! So i've had to frig about lowering it and fitting ST180 280mm brakes, which still are nowhere near the 308s on the Corsa 1.6 btw.

Next is the power delivery...the turbo is so small it must spin up immediately, so touching the gas LIGHTLY part corner causes the front wheels to break away. Theres also no "kick" at any point in the rev range so its like driving a diesel in some respects, i.e little fun to be had. I've also remapped this car to 160 brake to add some fun factor but it hasn't helped really.

Seats aren't great...i know its not a hot hatch but a Corsa LE seats have better support.

Exhaust layout is fricking stupid! I've bought a stanless system to go on but the downpipe bolts face upwards under the chassis so you cant even see them let alone undo them with any leverage...had to buy some crows feet spanners to see if i can shift them today but its a terrible design TBH. Also its a one piece the whole length of the car so will need cut off...

Coolant pipes on the turbo have started to rust already...i complained to the ford dealer and got fobbed off. So have had to sand them and paint them myself...car has only 25k on it btw.

Gearboxes are reportedly worse than an M32! This is due to Ford using the same box as the mk6 but obviously that had way less power and torque. As standard the car is over the gearbox rating...again, madness, so who know if that'll last.

Tyre size makes it hard to get winter tyres.

Traction control is incredibly aggressive! Even cornering at 40mph will cause it to reduce power...you can turn it off but you need to do that everytime you get in the car as it doesn't rememeber its been turned off. Also the start stop...can't be turned off so you need to switch that off everytime you get in too.

We're also back to the days of external metal oil filters wiht the 1.0 as well and all the fun that untailed trying to undo them...

Its good on fuel though and looks nice but erm i don't know??? Only had it 3 months and but don't have much love for it...its a bit souless really to the point i was looking at a Corsa C 1.8 as a toy the other day...

Problem is the Fiesta is a 16 plate so you cant really go older once you've got something that new IMO
    Last edited by u33db; 5th January 2019 at 10:57 AM.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Just the more i live with it the less love i feel for it.

First problem that arose was the handling was the handing and brakes. Nothing technically wrong but the steering literally has no feedback...i mean seriously i don't know how people praise the mk7...but you have no feedback on if the front wheels are gripping or sliding so doesn't inspire confidence. Likewise the brakes...the 1.0 as standard has 260mm discs which is the same as you'd get on a 1.2 Corsa! The car has 140 brake as standard! So i've had to frig about lowering it and fitting ST180 280mm brakes, which still are nowhere near the 308s on the Corsa 1.6 btw.

Next is the power delivery...the turbo is so small it must spin up immediately, so touching the gas LIGHTLY part corner causes the front wheels to break away. Theres also no "kick" at any point in the rev range so its like driving a diesel in some respects, i.e little fun to be had. I've also remapped this car to 160 brake to add some fun factor but it hasn't helped really.

Seats aren't great...i know its not a hot hatch but a Corsa LE seats have better support.

Exhaust layout is fricking stupid! I've bought a stanless system to go on but the downpipe bolts face upwards under the chassis so you cant even see them let alone undo them with any leverage...had to buy some crows feet spanners to see if i can shift them today but its a terrible design TBH. Also its a one piece the whole length of the car so will need cut off...

Coolant pipes on the turbo have started to rust already...i complained to the ford dealer and got fobbed off. So have had to sand them and paint them myself...car has only 25k on it btw.

Gearboxes are reportedly worse than an M32! This is due to Ford using the same box as the mk6 but obviously that had way less power and torque. As standard the car is over the gearbox rating...again, madness, so who know if that'll last.

Tyre size makes it hard to get winter tyres.

Traction control is incredibly aggressive! Even cornering at 40mph will cause it to reduce power...you can turn it off but you need to do that everytime you get in the car as it doesn't rememeber its been turned off. Also the start stop...can't be turned off so you need to switch that off everytime you get in too.

We're also back to the days of external metal oil filters wiht the 1.0 as well and all the fun that untailed trying to undo them...

Its good on fuel though and looks nice but erm i don't know??? Only had it 3 months and but don't have much love for it...its a bit souless really to the point i was looking at a Corsa C 1.8 as a toy the other day...

Problem is the Fiesta is a 16 plate so you cant really go older once you've got something that new IMO
    Wow

That's alot.... Alot of that stuff only becomes apparent after owning the car too. I guess it's safe to say the honeymoon periods over lol. It would annoy me having to turn things off everytime I drove it tbh. What tyre size do they have?

I thought you got the car because you wanted something more economical and that you wasn't bothered about the fun factor, that's what your bikes for no?

Seems like fords made some crazy decisions and that corsas are perhaps more mod friendly

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Wow

That's alot.... Alot of that stuff only becomes apparent after owning the car too. I guess it's safe to say the honeymoon periods over lol. It would annoy me having to turn things off everytime I drove it tbh. What tyre size do they have?

I thought you got the car because you wanted something more economical and that you wasn't bothered about the fun factor, that's what your bikes for no?

Seems like fords made some crazy decisions and that corsas are perhaps more mod friendly
    Yeah its extremely frustrating having to turn it off.

I'm just back in from messing with the ECU with Forscan (kinda like vaux-c0m for Ford)...have managed to disable the tyre pressure warning system so i don't need to cough up for TPMS valves when fitting my new wheels. There was also an option for disabling/programming out the start stop which i did but it puts the abs lights and hill start lights on. No option to disable TC though so looks like i'll need to live with these 2 for now.

I did say i wasn't bothered about the fun factor but you know how it is...!

Yeah its extremely frustrating having to turn it off.

I'm just back in from messing with the ECU with Forscan (kinda like vaux-c0m for Ford)...have managed to disable the tyre pressure warning system so i don't need to cough up for TPMS valves when fitting my new wheels. There was also an option for disabling/programming out the start stop which i did but it puts the abs lights and hill start lights on. No option to disable TC though so looks like i'll need to live with these 2 for now.

I did say i wasn't bothered about the fun factor but you know how it is...!
    Yeah I know how it is.... You'll have a different car in next 2 months how many mpg does it do?

VXR enough

I've had 46 out of it on a long journey, buts that A roads...theres not much in the way of motorways up here so you could hit 50mpg i'd expect if you were down south.

Normally i see 39-41 and thats caning it coming home from work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2