+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Newbie, Corse modification suggestions?

Hi guys, I've just purchased my first corsa VXR (2013). I want to make it a bit of a project, is there any good starting mods for appearence that anyone can recommend?

cheers

depends what our budget is and how far you want to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Vx did a pretty good job of the original car, unusual for manufacturers, but I personally would leave most of it alone.
    I have rear blacked out windows, cone filter, upgraded bulbs and footwell lights. Everything else is standard and believe me, it looks better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Vx did a pretty good job of the original car, unusual for manufacturers, but I personally would leave most of it alone.
    I have rear blacked out windows, cone filter, upgraded bulbs and footwell lights. Everything else is standard and believe me, it looks better that way.
    I disagree, appearance wise some stuff improves the car imo some stuff looks tacky. Adding a front splitter makes the car look a whole lot better from the front imo, side skirts look good. Some alternative headlights look good. Spoiler extention.. Although I can understand that not being everyone's cup of tea. Vents look good if done right, sunstrip maybe. Colour coding car? Side mirrors badges indicator surrounds, rear light tints to a legal standard. Definitely a few things you could try to see if it's up your street
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

Like has been said depends on budget and depends what you want have a look in the members cars bit on here and use it for inspiration welcome to vxronline
    xbox addy -turboyoda85
    Instagram yoda_craig85

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    I disagree, appearance wise some stuff improves the car imo some stuff looks tacky. Adding a front splitter makes the car look a whole lot better from the front imo, side skirts look good. Some alternative headlights look good. Spoiler extention.. Although I can understand that not being everyone's cup of tea. Vents look good if done right, sunstrip maybe. Colour coding car? Side mirrors badges indicator surrounds, rear light tints to a legal standard. Definitely a few things you could try to see if it's up your street
    Splitter and light tints granted, but it can be a fine line between a good looking Corsa and a chav box.
    I've not seen any aftermarket lights that imo, improve the looks, whilst at even sensible money. It's easy to get drawn into changing things just for the sake of it and each mod, however small can have an effect on insurance. Many sensibly priced policies have a limit on the number of mods before the price goes up. It's personal choice, but I prefer to stay on my minimum premiums. I can insure all my cars for less than most people pay for one.
    There are other vxrs that do benefit from exterior mods, but less so for the Corsa imo.

A chav box lol its a shame peoples bad reputations/appearance have made a car become a chav box instead of just ' a different looking corsa ' if it was well dressed well spoken men doing the same mods and doing them well then it would have been accepted.

Insurance wasn't in question in original post so I assumed he could afford to declare mods etc plus even if he's just looking for ideas, still good to look around even if not going to do it.

I respect your opinion though and it's each to their own so all good

Welcome jp113
    Last edited by Arron D; 8th January 2019 at 03:07 PM.
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

Welcome aboard VxrO mate
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

+ Reply to Thread