+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Default End of VXR Models (RIP)

If you believe in Vauxhall website, Vauxhall have stopped selling all VXR including the Corsa E.

The sporty model is the GSI across the model range

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. Gone. Not that you're that bothered these days now you're beemering it up
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed

If you see what other brands are doing, Hyundai being last to bring a hot hatch, it's a sad story. Everybody else sees a benefit in such models, but not PSA for Opel/Vauxhall. Here they have also kicked out 2.0T from Insignia GSI. Only the diesel remains.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Bardo
    Insignia ST OPC Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    If you see what other brands are doing, Hyundai being last to bring a hot hatch, it's a sad story. Everybody else sees a benefit in such models, but not PSA for Opel/Vauxhall. Here they have also kicked out 2.0T from Insignia GSI. Only the diesel remains.

Have some patience, PSA are still making sporty cars, and I'm sure that once VX/Opel are fully sharing platforms with them on all their models then some performance cars will come their way again.

Have a read - https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxha...om-hybrid-tech

Astra

VXRed

Wait and see. I'm sceptical. As I see it PSA would not want in house competition. Besides I was sitting in both 208 and 308 GTI's. Deep bucket seats had very soft sponge on side supports and didn't hold the body well. Plastic on door handles was squeaking and gauge cluster above the steering wheel for me was a disaster. I'm 6.1. The seat on the lowest and wheel in the position not to hit my knees was obstructing the view. Besides this engine we here call it an electric coffee grinder. You need some displacement to get a decent torque, not just a number on a paper. 2.0 is a perfect inline 4.

Bardo

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Wait and see. I'm sceptical. As I see it PSA would not want in house competition. Besides I was sitting in both 208 and 308 GTI's. Deep bucket seats had very soft sponge on side supports and didn't hold the body well. Plastic on door handles was squeaking and gauge cluster above the steering wheel for me was a disaster. I'm 6.1. The seat on the lowest and wheel in the position not to hit my knees was obstructing the view. Besides this engine we here call it an electric coffee grinder. You need some displacement to get a decent torque, not just a number on a paper. 2.0 is a perfect inline 4.

PSA will do the same as VAG and provide the same engines across their portfolio of cars, economy of scale.
    Zero displacement actually gets you the most torque - see any electric motor for that info

Astra

I'd be happier if psa actually made competitive performance cars. They just don't, haven't since the 90's
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXR newbie

So my Immaculate 2015 Reg with 18K on the clock should be worth some money before too long...

VXR enough

I think it will be a big mistake if they don't bring the VXr brand back at some point , having a proper sporty side gives most manufacturers image a massive lift , all the big german brands have one or 2 in the case of Mercedes

VXRed

Fully agree. ..

Bardo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast