+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Original air intake pipework pictures - Corsa Nurburgring

Hi Guys and Gals. Newbie to the forum, but I presently own a Corsa Burg #007. Since purchased 6 months ago, I have spent a small fortune getting it back to its original glory...and I'm nearly finished. I recently removed the induction kit, and have re-added the original air box and boost pipe, but the air intake seems like it should come from the front grill, as there is an existing pipe still in place on the slam panel, but I am at a lose what pipes to buy that actually come from the airbox back to it. Standard VXR's appear to take their air feed from the wheel arch, but seeing as I do not have a fitment in the wheel arch, I figure this is not the case on the Burg. Does anyone have a Burg with original pipework still in place, or some photos ??

VXR enough

No the burg intake is the same as the standard VXR.

The pipe you have coming from the front shouldn't be there...i'm guessing someones just added it as an extra feed for the induction kit, most likely using a pipe from a base spec car which are fed from the grill unlike the VXR.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

As above sounds like the previous owner fitted a cool air feed

VXR newbie

Oh great, I haven't got a hole through the wheel arch, so I suspect the wheel arch has been replaced as well. I think i'll have to make a slight modification then. Thanks Guys

VXR enough

No theres no hole in the arch liner or anything as standard as water would get in that way;

The airbox intake gets fed from the space in front of the arch liner so you won't need to modify anything...
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_G View Post
    As above sounds like the previous owner fitted a cool air feed
    This. It was like £30 and fed from under the bonnet/front grille area, across and into the bottom of the airbox (if it was the proper one)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

+ Reply to Thread