+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRed

Christ you got it modded to the hilt lol

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyFC View Post
    Christ you got it modded to the hilt lol
    Only adds 80 quid the mods, my location is what hits It hard lol I need to move to a nicer place

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Bikes are cool, dangerous in the wrong hands lol but good fun

I'm 34 with 14 years no claims and pay just under 600

That's a huge premium! About the same as I pay for 3 cars.
    Postcode makes the biggest difference, even having lots of students living near you can add 20-40%. There are about 150 factors used in calculating premiums, down to the overall level of education in the area to your first name.

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    That's a huge premium! About the same as I pay for 3 cars.
    Postcode makes the biggest difference, even having lots of students living near you can add 20-40%. There are about 150 factors used in calculating premiums, down to the overall level of education in the area to your first name.
    Yeah I find it slightly unfair at times with the way companies work out the premiums. I shopped around too and that was cheapest fully comp, some people wanted in excess of 2000 which is ridiculous really, I almost had to tell them 3 times what my registration was, I was convinced they had put the registration of a 5 litre v8 mustang or something.

Also alot of companies had a maximum no claims you could get, like 12 years counted same as 25.

Was alot cheaper when lived in Derbyshire

I also have dash cam etc but didn't make no real difference

Instagram Vxracing488

One of the reasons why I suggested the op avoided comparison sites was just how expensive they are. My Corsa was £700+ on them, but with LV it's £204 with a low excess. The vxr was until last year the cheapest of my cars to insure.
    I've got a vintage car that really does need concentration to drive it in a straight line and as for stopping, you need to plan that in advance. It's still cheaper than a modern car to insure...makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    One of the reasons why I suggested the op avoided comparison sites was just how expensive they are. My Corsa was £700+ on them, but with LV it's £204 with a low excess. The vxr was until last year the cheapest of my cars to insure.
    I've got a vintage car that really does need concentration to drive it in a straight line and as for stopping, you need to plan that in advance. It's still cheaper than a modern car to insure...makes no sense whatsoever.
    Yeah I agree it does seem silly.

I have a go compare account on my phone. I just checked it while at work, LV are on it (assuming that's Liverpool Victoria) and they want over 1000. I assume no one regulates this kinda thing and companys can put what they want. Just seems sad that they can put that online but if you ring it can potentially be 50% cheaper. Guessing they just hope people use online option. This my first 3 results, it's almost As if I'm a new driver

Instagram Vxracing488

How could they justify the vintage car being cheaper to insure? assuming your newer cars have better security etc etc. I don't like how it seems to work regarding insurance

Instagram Vxracing488

VXR newbie

Definitely worth ringing Admiral when my renewal comes round by the sounds of it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2