+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default VXR Performance Pack

Hiya

Just bought a 66 plate 2017 VXR with performance pack already fitted.

For insurance purposes does this count as a modification or because it's an optional extra at point of sale from new can you not declare the updated breaks, LSD, 18" alloys instead of 17"?

PS love the car. Swapped my mini coupe 1.6S JCW in for it and love it.

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Insurance companies should have two classifications for the vxr - std and performance pack version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VXRed

On the comparison sites there's no where to declare that. I just stick the reg in

I'd put Reg in and that be that, I think you would be safe. There's other corsa variants that have different size wheels etc

Plus what if the buyer knows nothing about a performance pack, they just like the looks and drive of the car and buy it not really knowing what add ons were added.

I think your fine, other mods perhaps not.
    Last edited by Arron D; 13th January 2019 at 02:08 PM.
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

It's highly unlikely that you will get anything close to the best deal possible on a price comparison site. Insurers that don't feature on them are usually much cheaper! Try companies like Direct Line, LV, Aviva etc, these seem to be competitive at the moment as long as you have a good driving record and haven't added every modification possible.
    Regarding the performance pack, if the insurer dosen't have the option on their database as a separate model, you still need to tell them what the differences are. I have never had an insurer increase the premium for factory fitted options. Just pleading ignorance of the option being fitted in the event of a claim is by no way a safety net.
    As a general rule, if in doubt ask them, often factory options won't even be considered, but every insurer has their own rules on this. A modification that isn't declared gives any insurer a free pass to invalidate your policy...and I have seen it happen....all over a bodywork pinstripe!!!

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

What happens instead of typing your reg in, you manually select your car does it give you an option for the performance pack ?

VXRed

Phoned admiral in the end. They had no idea what a LSD was put it under transmission. Told them about 18" alloys rather than 17" and the uprated brakes. Came in at £286 fully comp as I slapped the missus car on and got a multi car discount.

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyFC View Post
    Phoned admiral in the end. They had no idea what a LSD was put it under transmission. Told them about 18" alloys rather than 17" and the uprated brakes. Came in at £286 fully comp as I slapped the missus car on and got a multi car discount.
    That seems like a decent price even with multi car policy

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Instagram Vxracing488

VXRed

I am over 40 with 3 years no claims. Bit old for a boy race car lol but only passed test 5 or so years ago. Used to ride around on Honda fireblades and GSXR 1000s before that lol

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyFC View Post
    I am over 40 with 3 years no claims. Bit old for a boy race car lol but only passed test 5 or so years ago. Used to ride around on Honda fireblades and GSXR 1000s before that lol
    Bikes are cool, dangerous in the wrong hands lol but good fun

I'm 34 with 14 years no claims and pay just under 600

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Instagram Vxracing488

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast