+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Crankshaft Pulley Removal

Does anybody know where I can get the tool to hold the crankshaft pulley so I can remove it.
    Car is up on stands with the top of the engine removed at the moment but can't find anywhere to get the holding tool to remove the pulley.

Been to Vauxhall parts dealer and they can't help so totally stuck at the moment.

Halfords there £25
    Pulley/baring puller it's what I use
    NOW STAGE 3 BUILT BUY ME POWERED BY SUPERCHIPS.
    INSIGNIA TURBO,INSIGNIA INJECTORS,QUAFE DIF,PADAL CLUTCH,COURTNEY RAD AND INTERCOOLER,3 INCH SYSTEM,BILSTEN B12'S,AP RACING BRAKES,POWERFLEX BUSHES

Just had a look there £30 listed as gear puller
    You will have to use a large socket with a smaller one inside to cover the crank pulley bolt hole
    INSIGNIA TURBO,INSIGNIA INJECTORS,QUAFE DIF,PADAL CLUTCH,COURTNEY RAD AND INTERCOOLER,3 INCH SYSTEM,BILSTEN B12'S,AP RACING BRAKES,POWERFLEX BUSHES

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by nick150 View Post
    Just had a look there £30 listed as gear puller
    You will have to use a large socket with a smaller one inside to cover the crank pulley bolt hole
    Thanks Nick, pulling the pulley off is not a problem as I've got a gear puller, the problem is holding the pulley to remove the bolt. It seems that the pulley holder is no longer manufactured.

At the moment I'm trying to borrow one from the garage that fitted the timing chain incorrectly but they don't seem keen to lend it to me.

The only other option I can think of is to use a pneumatic tool to remove it but that probably doesn't help replacing it.

Silly answer but what about putting it in gear or someone putting foot on brake to stop engine rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

doesn't it have a pin for the crank ? id use a busby gun , will undo most things

Most will go with an impact gun
    If this does work
    I use a strong pin bar to lock the pulley and crack the bolt off

VXRed

Thanks,
    Got a friendly local garage who brought over an impact gun to remove it.
    Having a nightmare just locating any of the proper tools for this engine, seems that a lot are discontinued and GM don't sell tools in the UK any more.

+ Reply to Thread