+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I had to pay 3k when i first started driving back in 2010 (Corsa C 1.0). Black boxes weren't a thing back then though. It was at a time where insurance started to rocket, then the faff with gender fair insurance came in (allegedly), and then black boxes started to come more mainstream in the past 4-5 years I think.

I do find it annoying for new drivers to be classed as a liability. There needs to be a cap on this really. I think the Northern Ireland approach of the R Plates should be applied here, where you can't go on motorways or drive at night (I think thats what their for anyway).

Haven't considered / tried them personally but have you tried Marmalade insurance? Heard their good with new drivers,but not sure about VXR insurance...
    Last edited by srihaggis; 20th January 2019 at 11:34 PM.

VXRed

My previous car was an 08 Volvo S40 worth a grand. Part exed it for the 54 reg VRX worth £8000 and the insurance quotes me £3 extra per month, £25 of that was an admin charge... I don't miss being 21

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

When I got my vxr and put it on a multicar policy along with my 1.0 Nissan pixo, the vxr was actually cheaper at £160 for the year! Even now it's only £30 between the two.
    When I tried to haggle a bit more, they told me that they don't sell car insurance cheaper than that as I was on minimum premiums.
    Young drivers are treated so unfairly these days. Not all are irresponsible drivers.
    Perhaps lower premiums and a deposit scheme of a few grand is the way to go. Would make many drive carefully if there was a chance to get their 5k back or not if they drive like a *!*

Definitely something they should change or indeed someone should look at and cap

I know alot of young people have to take out loans to pay the annual amount (me included back then) which obviously sets them in debt for few years.

Don't mind using loan for the car but for insurance its ridiculous really.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Default Corsa VXR insurance

I’m 18, 2 accidents with two adult names drivers and pay £2700 per year for a 2009 Corsa VXR

Goskippy as sketchy af but don’t stack it and its fine

What date are you putting for the cover to start? If I put the cover to start same/next day it was coming out at £3400 and when I changed it to a week / two weeks time it dropped to £2700 - give it a try.
    Last edited by johnalldis; 22nd January 2019 at 02:49 PM.

Age 72 and paying £450. Full NCB and garaged.

I pay 275 fully comp, 37, 16 yrs no claims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fully comp 14 years no claims, age 34. pay 586

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Of course paying a bit more for a reputable insurers pays off if you ever need them

Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    Of course paying a bit more for a reputable insurers pays off if you ever need them
    Very true!
    I had a house insurance claim about 18 months ago. I was on the phone to the claims department for about 20mins, the offer they made was very fair and the money was actually in my account before I had ended the call.
    It was one of the large insurers, but was actually the cheapest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2