+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Seat belt and new seats

My seats are looking rather tatty now so I'm thinking about getting some of the sparco r333 seats, what I've read about them is I can still use the original seat belt with these seats but my question being were dose the bit the seat belt buckle goes into go as that comes out with the old seat, is there a place on the new seat to fit it to when taking it off the old seat, I've looked everywere for the answer to this but can't find it, I suppose the air light bag will come on as well so how do you connect the resistor to bypass the air bag light

Thanks

I think seats like that are designed to go with 3 point harnesses. Unless you can find one with a regular inertia reel buckle.

As for the airbag light I'm sure someone with tech2 could deactivate it for you.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

To retain the inertia reel belt you would just unbolt the catch from the old seat/frame and attach it to the new one. It may need some adapting but that's all there is to it.
    Be aware, a nit picking MoT tester could fail the car because you've removed the air bags along with the standard seat.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt1971 View Post
    To retain the inertia reel belt you would just unbolt the catch from the old seat/frame and attach it to the new one. It may need some adapting but that's all there is to it.
    Be aware, a nit picking MoT tester could fail the car because you've removed the air bags along with the standard seat.
    On the way home from work I checked 2 mot stations one by works and the mot station I use all the while by home and asked the question about the seats and air bag, they both said the same that it makes no difference what seats are in as long as they are fixed down properly and the air bag light doesn't come on and they will pass it, the one test center went into detail hoe to bypass the airbag with a resistor, so looks promising on the seats now

Probably easier to get rid of it with tech2 mate.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Probably easier to get rid of it with tech2 mate.
    I was thinking that after you posted that on your earlier comment mate, I also spoke to GSM sports seats about the seat belt and they reckon they sell a subframe that as a place to bolt seat belt stalk or what ever its called to, thanks again for your help

+ Reply to Thread