+ Reply to Thread
    Regional Assistant - Scotland West f1slikki's Avatar

Default M32 gearbox failure

Well just before Christmas I noticed I had a whine coming from the gearbox,no stick movement or problem selecting gears.so got it in at alpine transmission in Blantyre,they said I caught it early so just a bearing rebuild.
    Car is on 93k miles and on second gearbox,first box was replaced under warranty 7years ago,it failed on 38k miles.
    So with the gearbox out Iíve asked them to do the clutch and flywheel at the same time.hopefully get the car back in next couple of days and should feel like new again.
    iíll let you guys know how I get on.
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

These boxes are sooooo ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah definitely mate made of melted chocolate,that’s with yearly oil changes and mechanical sympathy the car is never ragged or near the redline
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

Quote Originally Posted by f1slikki View Post
    Yeah definitely mate made of melted chocolate,thatís with yearly oil changes and mechanical sympathy the car is never ragged or near the redline
    I think itís literally luck of the draw. Oil changes help obviously. Mine is on 102k and box is fine with no receipts of it being rebuilt. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78k. Original box, no issues. Only ever 2 oil changes.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Mine went at 32k, out of warranty of course, rebuilt, regular oil changes, now at 65k and it's just starting to make a noise again. And I can't remember the last time it was driven remotely hard, the last 10k has been solely rush hour commuting in and out of Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt1971 View Post
    Mine went at 32k, out of warranty of course, rebuilt, regular oil changes, now at 65k and it's just starting to make a noise again. And I can't remember the last time it was driven remotely hard, the last 10k has been solely rush hour commuting in and out of Leeds.
    That's probably worse. Engaging and disengaging the box at traffic speeds. Think about it, at least on a blast the gears are actually engaged for longer at a time.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Got the car back today, running like new again although my bank balance is a lot lighter

+ Reply to Thread