+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 3rd gear?

  1. #11
    VXRed
    Join Date
    31st January 2019
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cossers View Post
    Get some legal advice, I take it you have finance? Was it no deposit? If so hand it back and stop payments! Contact the finance company and inform them of the issue first and see what they say, it’s technically their car after all, second thought, think it’s a vauxhall finance? Still, that’s unhelpful, get some legal advice
    Yes, it's through Vauxhall finance themselves. I have put 400 deposit down and I really wouldn't want to stop making payments as then the credit score gets obliterated. I'll 100% be speaking to them on Monday though and go from there.

  2. #12
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    30th January 2016
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I understand, legal advice is best as they will hopefully be able to inform you of your rights.

  3. #13
    VXR Adam"san" w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    17,905

    Default

    Sounds like a complete t1t of a dealership. I'd not barter another word with them and just go straight to vx customer service.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  4. #14
    VXRed
    Join Date
    31st January 2019
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Sounds like a complete t1t of a dealership. I'd not barter another word with them and just go straight to vx customer service.
    Yep, I will be doing so in tomorrow morning when they open.

    I've a question for you guys just to keep myself on the right side of these halfwits at Arnold Shark and Vx. Does changing the gearbox oil to a better oil cause any warranty issues?

    Reason I ask is if worse comes to it and they just flat out reject me I may give that a go as it seems to be a common fix. Sometimes I just can't be bothered with the stress of the whole customer service world.

  5. #15
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    10th January 2015
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Not very good customer service shame cos the j is a fantastic car when all is well ,my local dealer in Manchester could not of done more for me when I had a gear problem like you mine was 2nd gear as soon as the workshop manager seen it pop out he turned the car round driven straight into the workshop and ordered the gear box to be removed sent it away to have it rebuilt by a specialist,that was now nearly five year's ago and no problems since the only thing i did was change the vx oil in the box to millers,the difference is how you are treated by your dealer as i said the j is a great car it is the dealer that let's the brand down.

  6. #16
    VXRed
    Join Date
    31st January 2019
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quick update in here guys that I have a friend who works in a Vx dealership and he agreed that it's definitely not acceptable for a brand new car.

    He is going to be getting it sorted and it's going in there tomorrow.

    I've a slight worry, he told me when these cars go on the ramp they are prone to sill/skirt damage underneath. Obviously this is not something I want happening, so is there any info I can pass along to him to make sure this doesn't happen? Vx dealerships give me the absolute fear lol.

  7. #17
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    30th January 2016
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by divybc View Post
    Quick update in here guys that I have a friend who works in a Vx dealership and he agreed that it's definitely not acceptable for a brand new car.

    He is going to be getting it sorted and it's going in there tomorrow.

    I've a slight worry, he told me when these cars go on the ramp they are prone to sill/skirt damage underneath. Obviously this is not something I want happening, so is there any info I can pass along to him to make sure this doesn't happen? Vx dealerships give me the absolute fear lol.

    Yes, it’s simple, make sure the d**kheads lift it in the chassis rails, not exactly rocket science, my mechanic has lifted my car twice, absolutely perfect on the sills, as said, they damaged my wife’s car twice!
    Last edited by Cossers; 11th February 2019 at 11:22 PM.

  8. #18
    VXRed
    Join Date
    31st January 2019
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cossers View Post
    Yes, it’s simple, make sure the d**kheads lift it in the chassis rails, not exactly rocket science, my mechanic has lifted my car twice, absolutely perfect on the sills, as said, they damaged my wife’s car twice!
    Duly noted mate, thank you.

    I'll pass the along to him as he said they'll just put rubber under it or some *****.

    I'm not mechanically minded, so just making sure I do not get fobbed off.

    I appreciate everyones help!
    Last edited by divybc; 12th February 2019 at 12:12 AM.

  9. #19
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    10th January 2015
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Any update

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts