+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Water noise coming from passenger side.

I've noticed a water noise coming from the passenger side under the car. It's sounds as if water is travelling back and forth under brakeing and accelerating.
    Have taken it to my local garage and Vauxhall and both said it's just my fuel tank and once I've filled it up I shouldnt hear it anymore, but I can still hear it.

Any ideas?

Regional Assistant - Scotland West f1slikki's Avatar

Under the sideskirts behind front wheels there is a little hole which can get blocked up and trap water inside.give a little poke to see if any water runs out.it did with mine
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

Quote Originally Posted by f1slikki View Post
    Under the sideskirts behind front wheels there is a little hole which can get blocked up and trap water inside.give a little poke to see if any water runs out.it did with mine
    This 100%

You can also remove the plastic rivets and just about get behind the skirts from underneath to clear out any crud and stones.

+ Reply to Thread