+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Unhappy Corsa VXR not going into 2nd gear properly

Hi I am new to this group and my new vxr is competely stock and when I drive it sometimes it gets difficult to go into second gear and just pops out crunching. The other gears are all fine. The car is a 2010 with 47000 miles with full dealer history. It doesn’t do it all the time and then I think it is just me but I havent got a clue any suggestions on what to do.
    Thanks
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by AdamVXR1 View Post
    Hi I am new to this group and my new vxr is competely stock and when I drive it sometimes it gets difficult to go into second gear and just pops out crunching. The other gears are all fine. The car is a 2010 with 47000 miles with full dealer history. It doesn’t do it all the time and then I think it is just me but I havent got a clue any suggestions on what to do.
    Thanks
    Adam
    The m32 gearboxes are plagued with problems, they have a reputation for being made from chocolate. The bearings are a problem in most cases but there is also other problems like popping out of gear that are unrelated to bearings.

Happens on alot of corsas that are standard and is a regular topic on this forum.

Do you hear a whining noise to accompany your 2nd gear movement?

Here's a website that goes into great details about your gearbox. Symptoms, why/how they fail and cost to repair are all listed for you to get an idea.

http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/repair...n/m32-gearbox/

If you do need work doing.. Alot of people recommended Halifax gearboxes if your close to that area. They offer good prices and do a good job apparently.

Also the issue could be clutch related, reading through that page should help you in regards to diagnosing if you have a problem with gearbox

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arron D; 9th February 2019 at 07:22 AM.
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

VXR enough

needs a box or new clutch or both , if you have had it less than 3 months and bought it from a trader ? take it back and get it repaired under the 2015 consumers act !

Are you VXR enough?

Thanks
    Adam
    Before spending a fortune at nearly 50k miles as it ever had the gearbox oil changed? Get some decent oil in the box to the correct level first and try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Hi thanks for that i have heard I need to get thick gearbox oil which may help. Any ideas on which brand and the amount of litres I need and where I can get it from. Thanks

Are you VXR enough?

Hi thanks for that i have heard I need to get thick gearbox oil which may help. Any ideas on which brand and the amount of litres I need and where I can get it from. Thanks
    I think you need 3 litres
    Have a look on this website as there more than this, I use motul gearbox oil cos I have a wavetrac diff but if std gearbox most use the fuchs I think
    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-3536-m3...mendation.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread