+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rugby so Coventry is the closest city to me but I’m happy to travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halifax gearboxes have a good reputation but give it a bit of time sure someone will recommend someone closer to you
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXR enough

How tooled up are you?

If you're going to spend around £30 on gearbox oil and have the hassle of draining etc beleive it or not its actually not that much more work (although extremely daunting) to pull the end case off the box and check the state of the bearings.

Theres one thats usually the most common to go and it can be swapped out in situ with some good bearing pullers and other tools.

So really beyond oil, all you need is that bearing, circlip and the sealant to put the end case back on which you'd get for maybe another 25 quid on top of the oil (and tools).

I have done this...it didn't fix my particular issue...but if i had another m32 that was showing stick movement i'd certainly try it as it could prolong the life of the box a fair bit for not much money. Plenty people have done it on other forums and the information is there if you are feeling brave.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2