+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    VXR enough

when have you ever lost grip in your siggy pal ? only time I can remember was back when I had my first one with the ****** Pirelli's on and even still it was wet and I was clocking on abit at the time

Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    when have you ever lost grip in your siggy pal ? only time I can remember was back when I had my first one with the ****** Pirelli's on and even still it was wet and I was clocking on abit at the time
    I tried Hancooks once didn’t rate them much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    same issue with Pirellis... back end broke away in 3rd... 4 wheel understeer as well on my old Saab Turbo X when using Kumhos.
    On my daily driver insignia grand sport its oem Continental 6 it grips like its on ice unless bone dry..... maybe i overdrive the tyres a bit but i like to have confidence in whats the only item between me and the road.

PS4 - unless you do lots of trackdays, the PS4S aren’t as good a choice. Yes, they are more grippy, but you’d be driving way beyond what would be safe on public roads before they come into their right. The PS4 are very progressive and grips great for some spirited driving and when it starts raining, you won’t be going sideways. The PS4S are better in the rain than the PSS and Pzero - but that isn’t saying alot!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed

Just ordered PS4S to replace worn out Pirellis. Those lasted in my case 25.000 miles. Although Pirelli here gives a 2 year warranty and up to 2 new tyres free of charge in case of a rupture. On my Insignias I've tried Potenza, Asymmetric 3 and Pirelli. Never Michelins. Michelin configuration for my car only gave PS4S as an option.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Bardo
    Insignia ST OPC Unlimited

Just thought I'd update the thread , had the PS4s on now for a few weeks and the difference is night and day what a tyre !!!! .... I know new tyres will feel better but even compared to when i had 4 new pzeros on the grip and the feedback is so much better I'm converted to PS4s I will never go back to the pzero

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Just thought I'd update the thread , had the PS4s on now for a few weeks and the difference is night and day what a tyre !!!! .... I know new tyres will feel better but even compared to when i had 4 new pzeros on the grip and the feedback is so much better I'm converted to PS4s I will never go back to the pzero

Pretty much the response I see when anyone goes over to the PS4s - bit of luck they should last longer for you as well!

Astra

VXRed

These tyres are from another universe compared with anything else I have tried, PZero, F1 Assimetric 2, Potenza 005 and Pilot Super sport. But all other tyres I tried were a generation behind. The progress is really noticable.

Bardo

VXRed blooded

Nice deep pockets there....4s's are epic but so is the price... F1 AS3 do me as local 4s prices are nuts...up to £50 extra per tyre

VXRed

Here prices are 200 Euro/piece +/- 10 Euro. All of the premium Michelin, GY, Pirelli, Bridgestone and Conti are in the same price range. Chinese brands at +/- 100 Euro/piece. When I bought Assymetric 2 in 2012 the price was 320 Euro/piece. Comparing the two, I can say that noise level and road comfort are similar. Both being low in rolling noise and high in comfort. Pirelli was louder. But Michelin comparing to others has better sidewalls. High speed corners on the highway are held incredible. Roll is much more reduced. Bridgestone has strong sidewalls but is uncomfortable, noisy and lasted only 20.000 miles in my case, comparing with over 30.000 with Pirellis and a little bit less with GY. So in my experience Michelin is the top, GY most comfortable, Pirelli a nice balance, Bridgestone not recommended. Keeping in mind that those tyres were not from the same generation but all installed on my Insignias and used for 2-3 seasons a set.

Bardo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3