+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Tyre advice what is everyone using

I've got 4th service and 2nd mot due next month and i'm going to be needing some new boots, going to be needing all 4 this time round i've always stuck with the pzero that where originally fitted when I bought new and I get good wear out of them 30k out the rears and about 18 - 20k out the fronts my only gripe is when cold they can be a bit sketchy and do take a while to warm up.

I use the vxr daily and do 75% motorway miles to and from work I've been looking at the Michelin ps4's that replaced the supersports but unsure so thought I'd see what everyone is running good or bad experiences.

I'm not looking for budget tyres imo tyres are the most important things not to scrimp on as they keep you out the hedges and ditches price isn't an issue

Be great to hear what everyone is using and how many miles you are getting out of them

cheers
    Last edited by Andre; 2nd March 2019 at 10:24 AM.

Kumho Ecstas. PS71's or PS91's

Typically 25-30k miles but I rotate them at about 15k miles. I also use 'sport' mode a lot to change the torque from 80/20 to 60/40 front/rear. I've used these on both my Siggy VXR's and find them superior to the P Zeros in the wet.

Thanks AJG

I've found the pzero outside tread just wears away and yes when its wet can get a bit interesting ive used the ku39's on a previous car I will have a look at the 71's and 91's . the PS4S are 155 a corner at the moment

VXRed blooded

i love the Goodyear eagles but at 26k miles my car is on its 3rd set of tyres.... when i bought it at 19k it was at the end of its second set.
    Fitted eagles and about 2mm left before the tread marker in 7k...never managed big miles on any tyres... max for me is about 10k

Goodyears are very quiet and take potholes etc nicely... big rim protection is cool too but its soft so don't expect it to save the rim from anything more than a gentle rub against a kerb.... i love how the feel in the wet, much less nervous or twitchy that i felt from admittedly worn Pzeros.

For motorway miles... Michelin usually top the list but the Falken Avensis is getting great reviews at a good price

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I've got 4th service and 2nd mot due next month and i'm going to be needing some new boots, going to be needing all 4 this time round i've always stuck with the pzero that where originally fitted when I bought new and I get good wear out of them 30k out the rears and about 18 - 20k out the fronts my only gripe is when cold they can be a bit sketchy and do take a while to warm up.

I use the vxr daily and do 75% motorway miles to and from work I've been looking at the Michelin ps4's that replaced the supersports but unsure so thought I'd see what everyone is running good or bad experiences.

I'm not looking for budget tyres imo tyres are the most important things not to scrimp on as they keep you out the hedges and ditches price isn't an issue

Be great to hear what everyone is using and how many miles you are getting out of them

cheers

I'll be getting the PS4s when I'm due (Focus RS) they seem to beat the Supersport on all measures, dry grip, wet grip, and mileage you can expect out of them.
    I've had 14k so far out of the Originally supplied Supersports with others reporting 20k plus out of them, some with some track days included!

Astra

Thanks Genman and Ian

My mates got a gtr and hes running the supersports and the cups during the summer but couldn't really use that a measure as hes running 750bhp so goes through tyres as you can imagine ...

Been reading up on the tyre review website the ku39's still seem good and the dunlop sport maxx have some good reviews, I'm swaying more to the ps4s for the wear factor added to the grip they give not that many reviews on them with them being a new design to the supersports which have plenty of positive comments about them.

The ps4s are meant to be better again and i'm sure they are going to be a big improvement over the pzero.

Ian how far down are you on the tread wear after the 14k ?

Thanks Genman and Ian

My mates got a gtr and hes running the supersports and the cups during the summer but couldn't really use that a measure as hes running 750bhp so goes through tyres as you can imagine ...

Been reading up on the tyre review website the ku39's still seem good and the dunlop sport maxx have some good reviews, I'm swaying more to the ps4s for the wear factor added to the grip they give not that many reviews on them with them being a new design to the supersports which have plenty of positive comments about them.

The ps4s are meant to be better again and i'm sure they are going to be a big improvement over the pzero.

I've not checked recently but it was pretty healthy amount - if it stops raining I'll measure them

Astra

VXRed blooded

I've got S001 on siggy and they were very fine, don't know how long they will have last as car is sold now.

On my focus ST I am on my second set of yoko v105S, super happy with them.

I went for Kumho PS91s on my Astra - very impressed with them, paid £300 for all 4 fitted.

About 4mm across them both - can't grumble at that to be honest

Astra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast