+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManc View Post
    Agreed

I think it would help the forum if VXRO merged the sub forums. There's too many and they're too specific.

For example if general chat, technology, sport etc should all merged to one general chat sub forum. That way the sub forum would look more active as more topics will be discussed in one place. Most sub forums on VXRO get overlooked. All of the sub forums in the "public bar" should be merged into one general chat.

I think the only specific sub forums should be for the VXR variants.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

Due to the traffic this site get's now, I would think it's best to narrow everything down to a more centralised area. Best way for a newbie to navigate and interact imo.
    Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManc View Post
    Agreed

I think it would help the forum if VXRO merged the sub forums. There's too many and they're too specific.

For example if general chat, technology, sport etc should all merged to one general chat sub forum. That way the sub forum would look more active as more topics will be discussed in one place. Most sub forums on VXRO get overlooked. All of the sub forums in the "public bar" should be merged into one general chat.

I think the only specific sub forums should be for the VXR variants.

Something to consider once we move server to prevent the fallovers we've had

Astra

VXR newbie

vectra sport and vvoc have both gone now

Social media ruins life in general.

Got rid of my Facebook 4 years ago. And I haven't looked back for a single second. Just full of self centred attention seeking nosey stalker b******s. I don't want everyone knowing what I'm doing before I've even had a chance to tell them in my own time.

Without it you can actually have a conversation with people and get to tell them what's been happening! Like old times!
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXR Torque of the Devil DanTheManc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Social media ruins life in general.

Got rid of my Facebook 4 years ago. And I haven't looked back for a single second. Just full of self centred attention seeking nosey stalker b******s. I don't want everyone knowing what I'm doing before I've even had a chance to tell them in my own time.

Without it you can actually have a conversation with people and get to tell them what's been happening! Like old times!
    Says the guy with 18k+ posts

I don't use Facebook to chat to friends other than tagging them in funny videos. I use it for groups where I chat with strangers about things I'm interested in such as cars, DJing etc...

I couldn't give a monkeys about what somebody I went to school with years ago had for their tea or if their children got a gold star at school that day. Facebook works well if you use it more for your interests with like-minded people.

Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

I don't consider this forum in the same bracket as mainstream social media. I come on here give car advice, that's it. All I know about all you on here is you have or had a vxr once, the team you support and that's about it. You're privacy and lives etc is totally kept that way.

People who post their lives on social media need to get their heads sorted out.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXR Torque of the Devil DanTheManc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    I don't consider this forum in the same bracket as mainstream social media. I come on here give car advice, that's it. All I know about all you on here is you have or had a vxr once, the team you support and that's about it. You're privacy and lives etc is totally kept that way.

People who post their lives on social media need to get their heads sorted out.
    was only winding you up, Adam.

I agree. People seem to feel the need to document their lives on social media. I don't get it. There are people I've not seen in years yet I know what they've been doing most weekends for the past number of years, what they had for their tea and that their marriage has gone down the pan. I can't remember the last time I wrote a status on facebook.

Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

My take is its more down to people moving on with different cars.

Theres also some members that you probably wouldnt want to associate with outside of the forum at meets etc lol

If there was enough 'like minded people' I reckon things would be more lively.

Quite varied on here at times but sometimes feels like young vs old or chav vs whoever.

I haven't been here long enough to know the glory days you mention but I like vxrry response that vx haven't kept up with the competition, definitely some truth in that. That's why people move on

Only thing I seem to post on fb is thanks for the bday wishes every year lol

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arron D; 15th March 2019 at 09:06 AM.
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2