+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Default Social Media has killed this forum (and many others)

As the title says, anyone else agree?

Don't get me wrong people sell up and move on, which they can't be blamed for. A big part in the downfall that VXRs have become far more affordable these days and are effectively selling for peanuts, along with as we all know the Social Media platform. I for one am kinda guilty at this to a certain extent, but due to being deployed most of the time over the past couple of years I can't post/organise as much, as I would of indeed liked.

I've been on quite recently, browsing and posting and tbh it's a shame how times have fallen.... Anyone else remember when the forum was rockin' (pre) 2016/15ish.

One thing I miss the most was the Ace Cafe meet in Feb every year, that thing was packed to the brim! A good chin wag, full english and a brew was the shiz!

I suppose this goes for the same for the other brand forums out their.....
    Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

Same for most forums pal, you only have to look at say migweb which was one/if not the largest VX based site 61k of members now has roughly 200 active members.

Astra

One thing I miss the most was the Ace Cafe meet in Feb every year, that thing was packed to the brim! A good chin wag, full english and a brew was the shiz!

Good Times Mate........Hope your keeping well, Chris.
    Last edited by c19urg; 13th March 2019 at 11:25 PM.

Yea I agree the forums are nothing like they used to be used to be so busy on here waynevxr was everywhere repping regal lol and so much banta but it is a still useful forum for newbies lots of useful threads have been posted on here over the years
    I remember this being made and posted by a previous user

https://youtu.be/7z9THDXqryA

Haha old but gold
    xbox addy -turboyoda85
    Instagram yoda_craig85

I tend to agree op but on the other hand plenty of new members regularly still sign up with questions and problems and most either go unanswered or its the same small handful of people trying to help

Plenty of senior members still sign in regularly but never bother to post or reply to things

The saying of use it or lose it springs to mind still new people coming to the vxr scene but they just don't get the warm welcome people used to receive around here

Honestly if it wasn't for the banter with Adam and a few others I probably would not have stayed around
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXR Torque of the Devil DanTheManc's Avatar

Agreed

I think it would help the forum if VXRO merged the sub forums. There's too many and they're too specific.

For example if general chat, technology, sport etc should all merged to one general chat sub forum. That way the sub forum would look more active as more topics will be discussed in one place. Most sub forums on VXRO get overlooked. All of the sub forums in the "public bar" should be merged into one general chat.

I think the only specific sub forums should be for the VXR variants.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DanTheManc; 14th March 2019 at 07:56 AM.
    Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Same for most forums pal, you only have to look at say migweb which was one/if not the largest VX based site 61k of members now has roughly 200 active members.
    Bad times Ian, just goes to show how much forums have taken a hit in this current day in age.

Quote Originally Posted by c19urg View Post

Good Times Mate........Hope your keeping well, Chris.
    Very good times! Hope you and Carl are well!

Quote Originally Posted by yodacraig View Post
    Yea I agree the forums are nothing like they used to be used to be so busy on here waynevxr was everywhere repping regal lol and so much banta but it is a still useful forum for newbies lots of useful threads have been posted on here over the years
    I remember this being made and posted by a previous user

https://youtu.be/7z9THDXqryA

Haha old but gold
    Oh yes the Regal / Courtney banter back in the day aha. Was a touchy subject back then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    I tend to agree op but on the other hand plenty of new members regularly still sign up with questions and problems and most either go unanswered or its the same small handful of people trying to help

Plenty of senior members still sign in regularly but never bother to post or reply to things

The saying of use it or lose it springs to mind still new people coming to the vxr scene but they just don't get the warm welcome people used to receive around here

Honestly if it wasn't for the banter with Adam and a few others I probably would not have stayed around
    Theirs no question new user still sign up and yes theirs still endless amounts of info available on this forum, present and archive. My main point I was trying to get across was that, the forum was constantly active and meets were happening left/right and centre. In particularly, the Ace Cafe meet. Which was effectively VXROnlines annual meet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast