+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Exhaust

VXRed

Default New Exhaust

Hi guys,

Just had a Cobra 3" full turbo back exhaust fitted to my VXR. I ****ing love it.. But when it 'pops and bangs' the car feels like it's not accelerating for like half a second quite hard to describe but not sure if this is normal or not?

And yes I have joined the ASBO Chavtastic crew

(It is resonated with a sports cat though - so not too crazy noisy)
    Last edited by Bunni; 13th March 2019 at 09:17 PM.

It will be needing the remap due to a huge drop in back pressure throwing off the parameters in the standard map on the ecu

You might want to try disconnecting the battery for 10-20 mins

That will reset any parameters the ecu has stored from your previous setup on the original exhaust

It probably won't cure but it should help slighty only the remap will make it feel 100%

One other thing could you try is adding a touch more preload to your actuator only a touch more like a half a turn on each 10m nut

I hear the bigger exhausts can cause the actuators to open prematurely
    Last edited by Andyb712; 14th March 2019 at 12:09 AM.
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    It will be needing the remap due to a huge drop in back pressure throwing off the parameters in the standard map on the ecu

You might want to try disconnecting the battery for 10-20 mins

That will reset any parameters the ecu has stored from your previous setup on the original exhaust

It probably won't cure but it should help slighty only the remap will make it feel 100%

One other thing could you try is adding a touch more preload to your actuator only a touch more like a half a turn on each 10m nut

I hear the bigger exhausts can cause the actuators to open prematurely
    Okay thanks, I thought that might be the case! I’m guessing it’s not great for the car right now then? So I should probably stop booting it until it gets remapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread