+ Reply to Thread
    Are you VXR enough?

Default Engine bay tidy up

Thatís my engine bay finished now apart from getting a forge aluminium header soon
    Sprayed my rocker cover, air box, fuse box and the bit on top of the battery also fitted a new ram air filter
    Not sure whether to leave the sticker on the last picture though what do you guys think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks tidy mate be interested to see if it holds up over time especially the airbox cover you do any special prep on the plastic?
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Looks tidy mate be interested to see if it holds up over time especially the airbox cover you do any special prep on the plastic?
    Just degreased it all and made sure it was all dry then gave 2 coats of primer 2 base coats and 2 light lacquer coats

Cool this seller may interest you I suspect you will like a few of his items

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/BADASS-P..._sid=205516803
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Are you VXR enough?

Cool this seller may interest you I suspect you will like a few of his items

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/BADASS-P..._sid=205516803
    No Iíve seen all that stuff and itís just stick on stuff , Iím only gonna add a forge aluminium header tank then thatís the engine bay done, want it to be individual donít think anyone as done what Iíve done yet, I know a lot have done the engine cover but not the other bits

Fair enough thought you have least liked the coil pack cover as the vauxhall one is just so cheap and flimsy

I do agree though some of it is a bit tacky

I was looking at just getting the coil pack cover and manifold heatshield for mine

All the other stuff I reckon it would look good if sprayed body colour more subtle and least it would be metal then, i just don't see paint lasting on the plastic parts

You only have to look at the 2nd hand painted rocker covers on eBay to see that

Are you VXR enough?

Fair enough thought you have least liked the coil pack cover as the vauxhall one is just so cheap and flimsy

I do agree though some of it is a bit tacky

I was looking at just getting the coil pack cover and manifold heatshield for mine

All the other stuff I reckon it would look good if sprayed body colour more subtle and least it would be metal then, i just don't see paint lasting on the plastic parts

You only have to look at the 2nd hand painted rocker covers on eBay to see that
    The heat shield they sell just sticks on top of the original one , if you try taking the heat shield off itís a pain in the **** Iíve not had a heat shield on mine for about a year and not putting one back on as it runs cooler without it and you get better access to actuator and other parts

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    The heat shield they sell just sticks on top of the original one , if you try taking the heat shield off it’s a pain in the **** I’ve not had a heat shield on mine for about a year and not putting one back on as it runs cooler without it and you get better access to actuator and other parts

Good to know mate wonder if it's the same for the astra Heatshield might have to message them about that

Are you VXR enough?

Good to know mate wonder if it's the same for the astra Heatshield might have to message them about that
    There all the same everyone advertised are stick on ones , I will be getting a new turbo and manifold soon but will be getting the manifold done with zircotec coating before fitting

VXRed

I have a forge header tank on eBay at the min. The old type with the logo on top.

+ Reply to Thread