+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Are you VXR enough?
    Join Date
    5th March 2016
    Posts
    986

    Default Engine bay tidy up

    Thatís my engine bay finished now apart from getting a forge aluminium header soon
    Sprayed my rocker cover, air box, fuse box and the bit on top of the battery also fitted a new ram air filter
    Not sure whether to leave the sticker on the last picture though what do you guys think


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    VXRed blooded Andyb712's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th July 2018
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Looks tidy mate be interested to see if it holds up over time especially the airbox cover you do any special prep on the plastic?
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

    Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

  3. #3
    Are you VXR enough?
    Join Date
    5th March 2016
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Looks tidy mate be interested to see if it holds up over time especially the airbox cover you do any special prep on the plastic?
    Just degreased it all and made sure it was all dry then gave 2 coats of primer 2 base coats and 2 light lacquer coats


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    VXRed blooded Andyb712's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th July 2018
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Cool this seller may interest you I suspect you will like a few of his items

    http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/BADASS-P..._sid=205516803
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

    Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

  5. #5
    Are you VXR enough?
    Join Date
    5th March 2016
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Cool this seller may interest you I suspect you will like a few of his items

    http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/BADASS-P..._sid=205516803
    No Iíve seen all that stuff and itís just stick on stuff , Iím only gonna add a forge aluminium header tank then thatís the engine bay done, want it to be individual donít think anyone as done what Iíve done yet, I know a lot have done the engine cover but not the other bits


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    VXRed blooded Andyb712's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th July 2018
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Fair enough thought you have least liked the coil pack cover as the vauxhall one is just so cheap and flimsy

    I do agree though some of it is a bit tacky

    I was looking at just getting the coil pack cover and manifold heatshield for mine

    All the other stuff I reckon it would look good if sprayed body colour more subtle and least it would be metal then, i just don't see paint lasting on the plastic parts

    You only have to look at the 2nd hand painted rocker covers on eBay to see that
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

    Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

  7. #7
    Are you VXR enough?
    Join Date
    5th March 2016
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Fair enough thought you have least liked the coil pack cover as the vauxhall one is just so cheap and flimsy

    I do agree though some of it is a bit tacky

    I was looking at just getting the coil pack cover and manifold heatshield for mine

    All the other stuff I reckon it would look good if sprayed body colour more subtle and least it would be metal then, i just don't see paint lasting on the plastic parts

    You only have to look at the 2nd hand painted rocker covers on eBay to see that
    The heat shield they sell just sticks on top of the original one , if you try taking the heat shield off itís a pain in the **** Iíve not had a heat shield on mine for about a year and not putting one back on as it runs cooler without it and you get better access to actuator and other parts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    VXRed blooded Andyb712's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th July 2018
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    The heat shield they sell just sticks on top of the original one , if you try taking the heat shield off it’s a pain in the **** I’ve not had a heat shield on mine for about a year and not putting one back on as it runs cooler without it and you get better access to actuator and other parts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know mate wonder if it's the same for the astra Heatshield might have to message them about that
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

    Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

  9. #9
    Are you VXR enough?
    Join Date
    5th March 2016
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Good to know mate wonder if it's the same for the astra Heatshield might have to message them about that
    There all the same everyone advertised are stick on ones , I will be getting a new turbo and manifold soon but will be getting the manifold done with zircotec coating before fitting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    VXRed
    Join Date
    22nd September 2015
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I have a forge header tank on eBay at the min. The old type with the logo on top.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts