+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Exhaust education

Hi guys/girls got some questions about my exhaust setup and hoping to gather some information. I know a few things about the car just not so much the exhaust.

So I have an a16 engine with a 3 piece remus on atm. Is this the correct set up...

Precat---maincat----silencer delete pipe---backbox?

I've seen some people have removed the Precat? What is the benefit of this and why do people do it?

I'm aware about Mot testing and that theoretically it's a fail but know that most people pass if main cat is still in place.

Is there such thing as a sports Precat? And also does replacing pre cat need mapping in?

Also I'm debating going for a dual exit exhaust, I'm assuming I can just swap my remus backbox with let's say a cobra twin backbox? I'm aware I need the diffuser that's hard to find.

Any info is much appreciated.. Thanks

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Hi guys/girls got some questions about my exhaust setup and hoping to gather some information. I know a few things about the car just not so much the exhaust.

So I have an a16 engine with a 3 piece remus on atm. Is this the correct set up...

I've seen some people have removed the Precat? What is the benefit of this and why do people do it?

I'm aware about Mot testing and that theoretically it's a fail but know that most people pass if main cat is still in place.

Is there such thing as a sports Precat? And also does replacing pre cat need mapping in?

Also I'm debating going for a dual exit exhaust, I'm assuming I can just swap my remus backbox with let's say a cobra twin backbox? I'm aware I need the diffuser that's hard to find.

The standard pre cat is very restrictive changing the pre cat helps the turbo spool quicker always best to have any mod mapped in but most exhaust mods Iím sure your ok without mapping but again always helps
    Iím sure you just canít put a twin exit rear diffuser on the single exit car as it needs the whole rear bumper as it has all the brackets but I may be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    The standard pre cat is very restrictive changing the pre cat helps the turbo spool quicker always best to have any mod mapped in but most exhaust mods Iím sure your ok without mapping but again always helps
    Iím sure you just canít put a twin exit rear diffuser on the single exit car as it needs the whole rear bumper as it has all the brackets but I may be wrong

The rear defusers are interchangeable mate just struggling to find the dual one.

Do you have a precat delete?

Instagram Vxracing488

VXR enough

The rear defusers are interchangeable mate just struggling to find the dual one.

Do you have a precat delete?

Yes I have a full scorpion system with scorpion precat and scorpion sports cat all 3Ē having no std pre cat is ok but as soon as you bin the main cat you will never get an MOT

Does it pop? I don't want it popping all the time

Instagram Vxracing488

VXR enough

Does it pop? I don't want it popping all the time

Not really it sounds just right, as a little pop when engine cold but when warmed up donít pop just sounds sporty

VXR enough

Other way round for your A16 car mate IIRC;

As standard: Maincat (aka downpipe)---Postcat (aka under the floor)---centre pipe---backbox
    Yours: Maincat (aka downpipe)---Remus Postcat delete (aka under the floor)---Remus centre pipe---Remus backbox

So basically you only have the main cat in the downpipe left - the only upgrade would be to remove it, or fit a sport cats in its place, or ditch the whole system and go 3".
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Other way round for your A16 car mate IIRC;

As standard: Maincat (aka downpipe)---Postcat (aka under the floor)---centre pipe---backbox
    Yours: Maincat (aka downpipe)---Remus Postcat delete (aka under the floor)---Remus centre pipe---Remus backbox

So basically you only have the main cat in the downpipe left - the only upgrade would be to remove it, or fit a sport cats in its place, or ditch the whole system and go 3".
    The pre cat is the part what connects to the turbo with the clamp then you have the pipe from that that as the main cat on it then you have the cat back section which is the backbox part

VXR enough

No thats only for the early Z16 cars.

For the A16 engines they flipped the cats round, presumbly to help with emmissions....the main cat is in the downpipe off the turbo and there is smaller cat after that after the flexi section.

Yours might be different due to being aftermarket 3" but only the early Z16 cars have a precat in the downpipe as standard.

See here for description of the 3 piece;

http://shop.wgmotorworks.co.uk/index...3&filter=48,58

"The system comprises a down/pre CAT pipe, rear silencer and a centre silencer replacement pipe for the Z16 engined Corsa’s (pre 2010) and for the later A16/B16 engined cars a secondary CAT pipe, rear silencer and a centre silencer replacement pipe."

So the OP only has a main cat in the downpipe left.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

I'm abit confused lol here's a picture of precat and the replacement pipe. The first one is oe and that's the one I can see under the bonnet right? I thought that then would come before main cat so my original layout would be correct? I'm not sure now tbh

Instagram Vxracing488

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast