+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXR enough

Well the silver bit is meant to be there...thats the one that clips into the piston.

As for the raised circle bits i cant remember my pagids having that...the thing is that design of pad will likely fit a lot of cars so maybe its a wear indicator for different type of caliper on another car.

Its not going to stop you fitting them or cause problems at any rate.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

Ok thanks mate, I'll go ahead then and fit

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Yes that funny tab that sticks out in your 1st picture the bottom pad that is closest to you left foot it's a wear indicator it contacts the disc to produce a noise once the brake material has worn out to warn you that the pads need changing, the majority of garages just snap them off

I imagine most main dealers would leave it on but almost all independent garages snap them off
    Last edited by Andyb712; 18th March 2019 at 07:00 PM.
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

Cool, should be straight forward then. Just trying to save a few pennys by trying myself

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Cool, should be straight forward then. Just trying to save a few pennys by trying myself

See that edit above to make sure you know which bit I mean don't want you to snap off the wrong bit that clips the pad into the piston lol
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Yeah think I understand now, it was the clip that goes into the piston that confused me, the videos I saw didn’t have that clip thats why was confused but I think I got it now.

Just ordered some copper grease, alot of people said these pads make a noise so hopefully that will eradicate

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Yeah think I understand now, it was the clip that goes into the piston that confused me, the videos I saw didn’t have that clip thats why was confused but I think I got it now.

Just ordered some copper grease, alot of people said these pads make a noise so hopefully that will eradicate

You was probably looking at the other pad that just sits in the carrier bracket that side never has a clip on it other than the wear indicator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2