+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default What a mess 😥

Hows it going all!

Prepare for a bit of reading, but it will be helping me out so I appreciate all advice that can be given to me.

So I purchased myself a brand new pre reg VXR back in January after reading all the good points about it, and dont get me wrong I love the car, but here's the bad news and its totally ruined my overall buying experience and actually ruined the car for me.

I took it to a professional detailer for ceramic coating to be applied as I always want to keep my cars looking on point. When I went to pic it up, he gave me some crap news. The lad pointed out that the front bumper of my car has been off the car and painted a different color of white, almost creamy yellowy shade. He pointed out that there was no way this was done at factory.

Dishearted I paid him and took myself to Arnold Shark fearing the worst. Bodyshop manager agreed that the bumper has been off, isnt sitting correctly (shown in picture) and that it has indeed been repaired/resprayed for whatever reason. He said we'll get it sorted....

This is where stuff goes **** up. Phoned me back 1 day later and explains they'll paint it, not replace it, paint it. Bear in mind I was sold a brand new car.

Took it to my friend who runs a very credible bodyshop here in Glasgow and he runs over the front end with a fine tooth comb. Turns out along with the above issue, the driver side of the bonnet is creased (car has been in a bump, no doubt about it) also the wiring on the underside of the bonnet isnt securly clipped to the bumper brackets, all just hanging. Complete and utter botch job has been done on this car before I was sold it.

Proceed to get 2 reports, one from detailer, one from the bodyshop documenting all of this. Took the keys into the sales manager who said "thats fine, we'll get it all touched up". Didnt know whether to laugh or cry at that point. Touching up a brand new car that was not disclosed at point of sale.

I told him my expectations were a brand new vehicle as that is what I was sold, plain and simple. This is when their tone changes from we'll repair it at maximum to exucse the language being told to "**** off" quite literally. They want nothing to do with it now. He even changed his tone and accused me as I've had it two months that I crashed, paid someone for a bad job now I want them to put it right regardless of my reports.

As it stands, car is parked at their branch and they have the keys even though the sales manager tried to throw them back at me.

I'm at a complete loss on what to do next. Finance company are aware, but saying need to wait 8 weeks for an update. Arnold Shark dont give a toss and the car has been lying where I left it a day ago now.

Anyone here got any advise for a fellow enthusiast? All I want is to be able to enjoy my car, but it seems like I'm just getting uttery shafted.

Thanks people.

I've had some past dealings with the mentioned dealer, but let me have a think with regards to the legal position and I'll get back to you.

Well I'd start with a strongly worded letter of complaint to head office

Cheeky sods fists would have flown at the sales manager if it was me
    Last edited by Andyb712; 30th March 2019 at 06:08 PM.
    2009 Astra H Vxr arden blue uprated gearbox endcase with bigger bearings, 3" cobra catback non res with toyosport 2.5 double decat, mtc crossover delete and tophat

Planning to go stage 3/3.5 eventually

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    I've had some past dealings with the mentioned dealer, but let me have a think with regards to the legal position and I'll get back to you.
    Thank you very much!

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb712 View Post
    Well I'd start with a strongly worded letter of complaint to head office

Cheeky sods fists would have flown at the sales manager if it was me
    I was close enough to doing exactly this to him. Kept walking away from me to the other side of the showroom. He's a vile sort is what I can say.

I tried the calling head office route who told me all they can do is put me to customer services. Them lot just dont care at all. I may put something in writing to them. It's driving me insane that they have my car now, but I have to leave it there. Thinking you cant show a weak side to these people.

I didn't know they still made brand new vxrs.

I think it's ridiculous that they sold a brand new car as something that clearly isn't!

A different/repaired bumper on a brand new car... Wtf.

That would have been my words

The two month ownership would be what they will be clinging too I'm guessing.

But regardless of that I'd be holding firm until it's resolved.

I'd be like omg if I bought brand new and noticed the bumper.. Wouldnt be keeping

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arron D; 30th March 2019 at 06:37 PM.
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    I didn't know they still made brand new vxrs.

I think it's ridiculous that they sold a brand new car as something that clearly isn't!

A different/repaired bumper on a brand new car... Wtf.

That would have been my words

The two month ownership would be what they will be clinging too I'm guessing.

But regardless of that I'd be holding firm until it's resolved.

I'd be like omg if I bought brand new and noticed the bumper.. Wouldnt be keeping

Hey Arron,

Yea it was the last of the bunch 68 plates. No more are made now

I can't believe it to be honest, but they are holding firm that I've crashed it and it's nout to do with them.

I've got a meeting with branch manager on Monday, so we'll see how that goes.

Also got 2 independent bodyshop reports, one from the actual people who noticed the damage, so that should hold up for me.

Consumer rights act states

"f you're outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described."

It also states:

"It doesn't matter whether you bought your goods before or after 1 October 2015 - in the first six months from when you buy something, the onus is on the seller to prove your defective product was of satisfactory quality when you received it."

So they legally have to prove that it was of satisfactory quality when I received it. I'll hold them firmly against them if they want to play hard I think.

Yes mate you should, it's certainly not what you expect from a new car.

While it's gonna be a rocky Road getting it all sorted, I certainly hope everything works out good in the end.. I can imagine the whole situation being frustrating.

Hopefully you can get some good advice also to aid you in your fight against these idiots who sold you the car

Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Yes mate you should, it's certainly not what you expect from a new car.

While it's gonna be a rocky Road getting it all sorted, I certainly hope everything works out good in the end.. I can imagine the whole situation being frustrating.

Hopefully you can get some good advice also to aid you in your fight against these idiots who sold you the car

Thanks very much mate, I will keep the thread updated!

If anyone else has any advice to give me, please do let me know. It's all appreciated.

The dealings that I have had with Arnold Clark have certainly been poor. They do like to hide behind their customer services and very few dealer staff are willing to take ownership of any problem, let alone, resolve it! Overall, a shocking dealer network in my opinion.
    The main issues:
    As the car was a pre-reg, it was in essence a ‘used car’.
    The time period to ‘reject’ a vehicle is very limited indeed.
    I understand the dealer has made an accusation that the damage was caused by you and you had it poorly repaired.
    The positive points:
    If you have documentation showing only delivery miles at the time of purchase and the first keeper being the dealer, I think it is possible to argue that this is essentially a ‘new car’
    The dealer being the first keeper, would provide evidence that the dealer had full knowledge of the car’s history at the time of sale and that they had deliberately deceived you into purchasing a ‘damaged car’ which would not be worth the market value that you paid for it.
    As the damage was present at the time of purchase, although not evident to the untrained eye, it could be argued that you still have grounds to reject the vehicle. This is tricky at the best of times though!
    I feel it is unlikely that any court would accept the sudden change in stance from the dealer. The initial promise to rectify these faults does not sit comfortably with a belief that you damaged the car. Evidence in civil courts is generally based on hard evidence or probability. The probability is that the events indicate an acceptance of a defective product.
    The above is based on English law, Scotland can differ. However, Arnold Clark do play hardball and I think it is unlikely you will resolve this without some involvement by the courts. I think it is likely they will fold before any hearing though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast