+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    VXRed

Hi,I've got as far as trying to get the crank pulley off ,i haven't got a puller does anyone know how to get the pulley off without a puller? I've tried levering but no luck.

The only way with a puller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it can be pried off,but will take a long time and 2 big bars,first time I did mine I didn't have a puller,but beware you risk damaging pully or worse cracking the timing cover.next time round I got a small 2 legged gear puller by skf and it took seconds to pull it off.putting it back on I just start it with a block of wood and mallet,then start the bolt and use a that to draw it in....if that makes sense?hope you get to the bottom of it.

VXRed

Ok cheers will have to get a puller

VXRed

Hi,i have now got the timing cover off and have found that the front chain has jumped teeth.Also the chain can almost be lifted off the sprocket without removing the tension.The two sprockets that carry the primary chain have a lot of sideways movement is this normal? It feels like the bearings have worn.I can't afford a new kit from Autovaux as i am skint so will have to wait until i can afford it,thanks to everyone for their help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3