+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Astra J vxr suspension noises

when i bought the car a few weeks ago when driving over the bumps was sound. its just started to make a squeaky noise now. its probs nothing major but it gets quite annoying any tips what it could be ? took it to the garage today and he said nothing wrong. its not a knocking sound just squeaky

VXRacing ahead

You got anything in the glove box, i had for the last year the locking wheel nuts and manual in there, and had an anoying rattle/squek at certain speeds. Was going to say something at the service . After the service stuck everything in the boot to sort later, all noise had gone. The seats sometimes make a squeking noise , coming from the passenger side.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs S Cat View Post
    You got anything in the glove box, i had for the last year the locking wheel nuts and manual in there, and had an anoying rattle/squek at certain speeds. Was going to say something at the service . After the service stuck everything in the boot to sort later, all noise had gone. The seats sometimes make a squeking noise , coming from the passenger side.

Just the the locking nuts and manuals. mmm... dont think its the seats. just when your driving it squeaks and creaks abit. i will take everything out and test it that way

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevxr2018 View Post
    Just the the locking nuts and manuals. mmm... dont think its the seats. just when your driving it squeaks and creaks abit. i will take everything out and test it that way
    update found what it is. will upload pics up tomorrow

my passenger seat used to squeak when someone sat in it , the wife got really p####### off with it , car was only months old. solution was hoovered seat runners , moved it back and forward a few times , found a small chip of stone in one off the runners , stopped one side from locking in, no more squeak.
    mac

BUZZ BLUE GTC VXR mid life crisis & loving every minute.

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevxr2018 View Post
    update found what it is. will upload pics up tomorrow
    Hi mate I have the exact same problem, sounds like a crunch noise when going over speed bumps slowly. What was the problem with yours?

VXR newbie

Hi I have a squeak/creak from the front end as well, did anyone get an idea what it could be? I have misting on the front shocks but shouldn’t really make a difference. I’ve been told most likely is top mount bearings. It’s in with Vauxhall’s on Wednesday so I’ll up date my problem.

VXR newbie

Did you get a solution to it?

+ Reply to Thread