+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default A16LER Exhaust Upgrade to 3" Turbo Back

Hi guys just looking for a bit of general advice on this as i have a 14 plate corsa vxr with a A16LER engine i believe and i'm looking to add some extra bhp in so doing the exhaust from completely standard with both cats in and going to 3" turbo back with sports cat or normal secondary cat in place till i get round to the sports cat. A friend of a friend is breaking his 2009 Z16LER i believe with the 3" exhaust with downpipe and secondary cat and has passed this over to me my question is i'm fully aware of the downpipe from turbo being different between the two engines and the lamba sensors being slightly placed differently will i be able to fit this 3" exhaust to my A16LER with the correct downpipe and lamba spacers if required i'm aware it may need to be mapped for cat efficiently but any pointers or advice if anyone else has managed to achieve this and if there was any issues when doing so will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Geo_Boi; 14th April 2019 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_Boi View Post
    Hi guys just looking for a bit of general advice on this as i have a 14 plate corsa vxr with a A16LER engine i believe and i'm looking to add some extra bhp in so doing the exhaust from completely standard with both cats in and going to 3" turbo back with sports cat or normal secondary cat in place till i get round to the sports cat. A friend of a friend is breaking his 2010 Z16LER i believe with the 3" exhaust with downpipe and secondary cat and has passed this over to me my question is i'm fully aware of the downpipe from turbo being different between the two engines and the lamba sensors being slightly placed differently will i be able to fit this 3" exhaust to my A16LER with the correct downpipe and lamba spacers if required i'm aware it may need to be mapped for cat efficiently but any pointers or advice if anyone else has managed to achieve this and if there was any issues when doing so will be greatly appreciated
    Are you sure his 10 plate is Z and not A mate

I think you can do what your thinking.
    The set up for the A16 can be changed to the Z16 set up with right exhaust. U33b knows about exhaust, he replied to my thread here
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...aust-education may be some help to you

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arron D; 14th April 2019 at 06:49 PM.
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Are you sure his 10 plate is Z and not A mate

I think you can do what your thinking.
    The set up for the A16 can be changed to the Z16 set up with right exhaust. U33b knows about exhaust, he replied to my thread here
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...aust-education may be some help to you

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate yeah my mistake was 2009 model which it came off

+ Reply to Thread